Fishfiles

Accidents

i sliced a bit off my little finger while i was sharpening a filet knife. took years before the feeling came back. about a decade. got too get off here, comes a storm. 

Oh, now that smarts !!  I seriously doubt many could do surgery on themselves .... I had a real close call with that x-27 fiskars axe ... Still can't feel the end of my right index finger ... .... Fish almost lost his too... Kind of the same deal... (Hand Splitting fire wood) 

i just folded the skin or whatever back, put pressure on it. it stopped the bleeding, took a while before the feeling came back. still pinkish till this day. was little finger anyway, on left hand. dont due much, unless i play guitar, i dont play guitar, worth a mention. stuck my palm with filet knife. went in over 1/4 inch, them tip's are pointy., squirting blood over 4', till it hit a wall. mom said dont touch the blood,. he might be ''contaminated". [gotta love the mom]. put pressure on that, to avoid hospital trip.

[my mom, always thought i was up to something], even when i wernt. LOL'S

Edited by LedFTed

On 12/7/2019 at 9:36 AM, Fishfiles said:

Thanks Mel , I think your right about down the road , it ain't over yet , he still has a long road to total recovery and being he is an old fart like me , it gets harder and longer to heal up 

yep

the color of blood dont bother me. i seen enough of mine. 😀

I did the same thing on a table saw 10 years ago. It healed up nicely. Hopefully yours will too. 

my father in law cut off three fingers at the middle knuckle  on a table saw about 4 years ago , they sewed them all back on and two are working fine , just  the middle one don't bend 

When I wrecked my 500 Kawasaki , there was a guy in the room next to me , had his leg cut off in a motorcycle wreck and they sewed it back on , I seen him a few times at the same doctors office afterwards and he was ok , walking with a crutch 

Jeep sorry, it does work ok, just no feeling in it, aches in the cold and a bit of a paint in the butt when trying to type.  Can still pull the trigger, actually kind of helped with that. Dontjerk the trigger anymore when hunting LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well at least it helped your shooting.

Few years back my youngest daughter (probably 10-11 at the time) got a finger slammed in one of those big metal school doors.  Tip was hanging by a thread.  I work a half hour away so mom went to get her to drive her to the ER.

While they were driving, Mom  (who is one of the most blunt people I know) is talking to me on speakerphone, and says "The tip is just barely hanging on, it might fall off before we get to the hospital" and in the background I can hear the kid saying "Stop talking about it!  I'm going to throw up" and Mom says "Well you're probably going to lose your finger" .  Kid is in the back freaking out.  Most adults would have been "it's gonna be fine!" but not Mom.  She's like "Yeah you're going to be a mutant"

Anyhow, they sewed it back on, and it looks a little flat but otherwise hasn't given her any issues.

• Like 5

On 3/3/2020 at 6:14 AM, 01RUBY500 said:

I did the same thing on a table saw 10 years ago. It healed up nicely. Hopefully yours will too. 

You came up while i was writing in the, Linux an other OS thread. Hope i didnt mess you up. were you making a comment there?

was, 10 or 40 min's. ago.

Edited by LedFTed
same as always

On 3/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Well at least it helped your shooting.

Few years back my youngest daughter (probably 10-11 at the time) got a finger slammed in one of those big metal school doors.  Tip was hanging by a thread.  I work a half hour away so mom went to get her to drive her to the ER.

While they were driving, Mom  (who is one of the most blunt people I know) is talking to me on speakerphone, and says "The tip is just barely hanging on, it might fall off before we get to the hospital" and in the background I can hear the kid saying "Stop talking about it!  I'm going to throw up" and Mom says "Well you're probably going to lose your finger" .  Kid is in the back freaking out.  Most adults would have been "it's gonna be fine!" but not Mom.  She's like "Yeah you're going to be a mutant"

Anyhow, they sewed it back on, and it looks a little flat but otherwise hasn't given her any issues.

Ya gotta love mom's.

Well..... To each there own, Ted .... My mom stitched this cut up, when i was about 9 (NO pain killers.) my arm went through a plate glass window , i got a nice 3inch slice to the left side .... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Accident waiting to happen , eh !!! ----  That's going to hurt .... 

bike jump .jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/6/2020 at 4:06 AM, LedFTed said:

You came up while i was writing in the, Linux an other OS thread. Hope i didnt mess you up. were you making a comment there?

was, 10 or 40 min's. ago.

No you did not mess me up, all good. 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Accident waiting to happen , eh !!! ----  That's going to hurt .... 

bike jump .jpg

What was this guy thinking?

2 hours ago, Misterclean said:

What was this guy thinking?

Sado-mas'si'cist ??? Someone that enjoys pain ....

Apparently not , looks like he is heading face first into the roof of the third car 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

my only question is....HOW ?????..LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

related to fishes post 

that's very sad ... fish .... we had a neighbor (older retired farmer) he was bush hogging the lot in front of his house ... on a ford 4000 (may have been standing ? )  and ended up ether thrown , or falling off .. and went under ... too .... i heard it all via radio traffic .... only the older members of fire rescue / ems were allowed to go to the call... i talked with a friend later ... all he could say .... was it was bad! 

• Sad 1

My buddy that owns the local flea market was going home after dark on Thursday , he live down a country road , was going around a hard turn in the road which is just wide enough for two cars with deep ditches on both sides , and there is a 4 wheeler broke down in the street with 3 kids standing around it trying to get it started  , he slammed the brakes and hit the 3 wheeler so hard that , he said the hub broke off the axle and the tire and rim separated from the bike and went down the street  , lucky he never hit the kids , someone had already called the sheriff cause he said they pulled up within a couple of minutes , the kids were minors , the sheriff had their parents come to the scene , they never got a ticket , and they didn't impound the atv , lucky no one was hurt ---- the bad thing is  the heat is going to be on for riding on the streets 

• Like 1