Fishfiles

Accidents

i don't think I'll ever forget that, i think we had talk bad wrecks / accedents  in chat one night, and that one came, very sad indeed. 

we needed a thread like this, from day one. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

nailed it ^^ you can see the trailor role to the right, (had to be air bag suspension) i don't know what these guys were thinking, or if they were ? my guess would be a bit of liquid courage was involved ... 

Was there a kid in front of the driver? Kinda looks like it.

• Like 1

good eye. yeah i believe there were 3 people, also looks like the driver tried to turn the bars, but the front end was off the ground, I'll try and get some single pics from the clip. 

had a small mishap loading the furness last night ... i stepped away from chat, for coffee, and to stuff some logs in the dragon , wouldn't have thought using a pare of gloves would cause an issue, thing is ... it was the 1st time this season i have used them to handle wood, but i had forgotten i got snagged last time i had these gloves on (pic)  while loading the furness  last year, but never got a hand mashed, just hooked while piling wood, so .. i had plans to rid myself of these ... but as busy as i got, i figured just right for holding the bar (brake applied)  while hand filing, nope that didnt work ether, so i just bare handed everything from then on.. in short got my left hand hooked by a limb stub, and mashed ... between a 45lb log and the furness stainless steel bash plate. so after a long night of ice packs, and nothing ingested for pain ... those gloves are HISTORY! these have a pull strap on the back side to help keep them on, but as you can see the holes in the finger, well there's another split, this pic doesn't show, so, i got hooked, and pulled in, another fault was being in somewhat of a hurry.

becareful guys, you never know what can happen. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3

Ouch! Take time to heal up Wilson.

My woodstove gloves got more holes in 'em than those, guess I'd better throw them in the stove eh.

• Like 1

Dang, Wilson, hope it all heals up!  Point taken on the being careful, I know there are many stories out there of things getting snagged or hung and injuries occurring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, retro said:

Ouch! Take time to heal up Wilson.

My woodstove gloves got more holes in 'em than those, guess I'd better throw them in the stove eh.

mine may make there way into the fire ... lol lords knows i won't be using them again. but they did last a good long time. 

• Like 1

thx, monkey ... just mashed, GOOD, could have been much worse if i was pulled in, and furness flashed over ... last time that happened.... i lost my gotee eye lashes, and brows.... so i went a head and shave my head .. Dennis came up.. a couple days later and asked me whats going on q-ball.. lol! at least .. someone got a laugh out of it. 

17 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thx, monkey ... just mashed, GOOD, could have been much worse if i was pulled in, and furness flashed over ... last time that happened.... i lost my gotee eye lashes, and brows.... so i went a head and shave my head .. Dennis came up.. a couple days later and asked me whats going on q-ball.. lol! at least .. someone got a laugh out of it. 

Since it happened, may as well get some humor out of it.

• Like 1

@_Wilson_™ glad ur ok(I hope) crazy how a pair of gloves which r supposed to help protect u caused u the trouble. Could always be worse is how I look at things! Ur an animal for not taking pain meds! 

• Like 2

an animal ? well, maybe ...  or just flat more stubborn .. lol! ....my grandfather alway said .. pain was a away of letting you know the body is injured ... now I'm talking physical injuries, broken bones, pulled muscles, etc .. so i just never took pain pills, (at least not anything strong )  . when i went if for the shoulder surgery ... they had me on demerol , i hated the way it made me feel, so ... i won't touch anything that's an opioid. just not me, can't stand being Hazy... but i told fish, if i had a bottle of whiskey, or  beer that night, i believe i would have had a couple, just to sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good ole Whiskey must be an ancient pain med haha. I don’t take pain meds unless I must. They have their place with me.. haha

• Haha 1

oh yeah, i understand completely... truth is, I've never had one, honest... not too much frightens me, but the way Demerol made me feel, wow! i kind of think i was over dosed .. cause ... i went down to the hospital emergency entrance .. in a hospital robe , and my iv in tow, just for a cig... and it was the last time smoked for a while, i hated the taste! went back up, they gave me another dose, and that's about all i recall, till the day i got out. that hospital... was nic named Murder Regional ... from Maury regional, lol! i haven't been back .. have no plans to. 

• Haha 1

I've always hated the way pain meds made me feel, and they mess my stomach up something awful.

That said, I'm miserable to be around when I'm hurting, just ask my wife.  LOL

Hope your hand heals up quick.

• Like 2

i didn't know where i was.... didnt care, lol, just picture a nut with a cowboy hat and a robe walking down to the sliding doors with a Iv in tow... i got some looks .. lol! that maybe why they dosed me again when i got back, who knows. 

oh I'm fine now jeep, doesn't take long for me to heal up, i hope it stays that way. 

• Like 2

Ice isn't thick up here either,  didnt get cold enough for any length of time before the big dump of snow.

• Like 1

There was a guy killed in a boating accident here this weekend past , 5 were in the boat and the boat hit the Highway 11 bridge at high speed , 4 were air lifted by helicopter , the 5th guy was found hours later dead 

• Sad 1

This was in the news last week --- Canada

Crashes.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2