Jamie dunne

Not driving

Hi I’m new to all this can someone help me out thanks I have a Honda 500es esp 2010 Forman quad it’s going up and down true all the gears fine but when I put it into 1st and press the throttle I can hear a crunching noise in the gearbox side off the quad it wants to move but won’t the speed is going up on the clock can anyone help me thanks 

sounds to me, first gear set is bad, you will need to rip the engine out, split the engine, replace first gear set. will it drive in any other gear other than 1st ?.

• Like 1

i think you need to re-check your year/make/model ?, honda did not make a 2010 trx500es that i see ??.

you either have a trx420fpa ?...or you have a trx680fa ?, either one of these has an automatic tranny, and i dont' work on them, they are junk once they break down, cost to much money to replace the tranny, which is what you have to do by honda's standards to fix it..and that tranny cost at min around $ 1,800.00 to replace.

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

2001? TRX500FAA?

lol..def not a 2010 trx500es !..lol.

Just now, Jamie dunne said:

Sorry I’m not use to this I’m all new to these 

i pm'd you my cell, if your in the states ?, then call me. but i can deff tell you right now, that is not a 2010 trx500es, honda did not make that model in 2010.

• Like 1

let me take a stab at this, someone sold you this atv, and told you it was a 2010 trx500es , and with you not knowing a thing about honda atv's ?, you took their word for it...correct ?.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jamie dunne said:

Yes that’s what happened 

yeah..i kinda figured that, sorry bro..but you have been taken for a ride..and i dont mean on this atv !..lol. its not a 2010 trx500es, honda did not make that model in 2010. until we get to the bottom of what the year model really is ?, we can't narrow it down as to where you need to start ?. but !!..i deff can tell you this, it has an auto tranny, and that tranny will not be easy to fix cost wise !, there are some threads going on in this forum right now of members ( trying ) to repair their auto honda's ?, i dont have any faith in this route ?, and i sure as heck would not want to buy a new tranny to put back in it !. the cost does not add up to the atv itself in my book. i stay away from auto's an es's as much as i can..they all are junk in my book..but hey..to each their own i say :-).

I am not really a 500 kind of guy , know just enough to put my foot in my mouth ,  judging from the shifter on the left side the tank , I would think it might be a 2011 500 Rubicon , which I think was  an automatic  ----- check the vin number the 10th digit id the year , aslo sometimes there are stickers under the seat on the fame or on the frame tube on the left side , sometime the last letter of the model number on those tags is the code for the year 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I am not really a 500 kind of guy , know just enough to put my foot in my mouth ,  judging from the shifter on the left side the tank , I would think it might be a 2011 500 Rubicon , which I think was  an automatic  ----- check the vin number the 10th digit id the year , aslo sometimes there are stickers under the seat on the fame or on the frame tube on the left side , sometime the last letter of the model number on those tags is the code for the year 

you are correct..they did make that model in 2011, but he says its a 2010 ?, your also right, we need to know what the sticker or vin number reads ?.

If OP is out of the US it might be a 2010. 

Definitely a Rubicon though, so for practical purposes the year doesn't matter.  It's an 05-14 somethingorother.

Grinding when you put in gear is bad.  First thing you need to do is an oil pressure test.

It does not pull regardless of 2wd or 4wd correct?  Need to make sure your issue is engine-related and not a busted rear ujoint of diff.

Just now, Jamie dunne said:

I’m living in Ireland and what the ujoint r where is that located?? 

well..we now need to know the year ?, so we can point you to the correct parts !.

Jack it off the ground and try to turn the tires by hand , you'll hear if anything broke in the drive train