Jamie dunne

Not driving

I would say it’s a 2009 because this model TRX500FAA was not produced in 2010.

it may have been registered as a 2010 by mistake.

Have you found VIN yet?

3CF85783-87BB-46D4-81D9-EBC209604576.png

1 hour ago, Jamie dunne said:

@jeepwm69 you ware saying about oil pressure test how do I go about doing that and what dose the oil pressure need to be at do you know I was at it today and and was pushing it and the sound seems to be at the back near the diff I’m going at it tomorrow again and going to see where it properly is coming out off 

Can you confirm that the ATV does not move/pull/ drive when running and put in 4wd? 

I'll throw this out thee , That diff in that 500 looks just like a 450 electric diff  ,  the 450 will not engage the front diff unless you move some , if the rear diff is not grabbing then it won't engage 4wd ---

you might be looking at more then just a not moving issue, with all that rust, over time,  another thing i would do is check the fame, for rot. 

27 minutes ago, Goober said:

I would say it’s a 2009 because this model TRX500FAA was not produced in 2010.

it may have been registered as a 2010 by mistake.

Have you found VIN yet?

3CF85783-87BB-46D4-81D9-EBC209604576.png

image.png

But , it is a Honda Europe model , not a USA model , for some reason Honda USA didn't have a 2010 TRX500 , they skipped 2010 

I did notice that  the front frame  tag says TRX500FAA , many times on those tag the last digit is the year code , the second A just happens to be the code for a 2010 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

But , it is a Honda Europe model , not a USA model , for some reason Honda USA didn't have a 2010 TRX500 , they skipped 2010 

I did notice that  the front frame  tag says TRX500FAA , many times on those tag the last digit is the year code , the second A just happens to be the code for a 2010 

until we see the vin number ?, my money say's its a 2009 model, sticker clearly reads 2009, but still, we all know alot of manufactures like to say xxxx on the frame, then call it a newer model !..lol.

• Like 2

Hi guys I I sent the quad away and they said it’s torque converter and it’s costing €2800 just for the part that’s not including labour 

16 hours ago, Jamie dunne said:

Hi guys I I sent the quad away and they said it’s torque converter and it’s costing €2800 just for the part that’s not including labour 

The 500 doesn't have a torque converter.  Is it the Hondamatic (the transmission)?  Given the exorbitant price of the part, that seems like the only possible part that is causing your problem.

From what i have heard , the bearings and parts  that go out in the Hondamatic are not available , over on this side the pond a Hondamatic use to cost $1,900 US dollars ---what does $2,800 pounds work out to in US dollars ? 

How many miles and hours did you get out of it ? Would you buy another Honda automatic ?

Interesting as the "expert" on the Hondamatics told me that it is very, very rare for a post 2005 Rubicon Hondamatic to fail.  Usually the oil pump chain jumps off and the machine stops moving. 

Running it for long periods with no oil pump chain might kill the Hondamatic though.  I haven't dug into one yet, although I have one running and one project at the house now. 

https://atvhonda.com/profile/263-brian-bertram/

Brian is the one to talk to, to see if yours can be rebuilt.  Shipping will be $$$, so might not be worth the trouble. 

• Like 1

That's the Hondamatic.......

I'd contact Brian.  He might be able to tell you how to check it and see if it's able to be rebuilt.