Z7What

Been A While...New House, New Toys!

My wife and i sold our house in June of 2019 and moved in with my wifes Grandparents and Mom. It actually wasnt terrible but i just needed to have my own space so we could get our normal life back. May of 2020 we finally found a house we loved in the exact subdivision we wanted to move it. We have a bunch of friends that lived there and there are tons and tons of kids our suns age for him to play with. Just about everyday and at any time of the day you can sit outside and watch dozens and dozens of Golf Carts, ATVs and SXS pass down the street. Nobody speeding or causing issues just basically going for a relaxing cruise. When we first moved in we would use my Rancher to cruise around but fitting my wife, 6yr and myself on it wasnt exactly something that was comfortable to ride. I also noticed the street eating up my Zillas so we wanted to get something easier and more practical to ride around on. So i brought my bike up to the hunting camp, last year we bought a shipping container to securely store our bikes in so i brought it up there and left it. After doing that my wife kept saying she wanted to get a golf cart. I wanted one as well but wanted to find a deal. After a few months of looking i finally found a company in Canton MS that had exactly what i wanted. 

Its a 2011 Club Car Precedent with Brand New 2020 US Batteries, Code 4 Speed Code and Brand New Alpha Body with LED Light Kit.

Me being me and not being able to leave anything alone before even buying the cart i bought some #1 Welding Lead, 16Ton Hydraulic Crimping Tool, Terminals, Heat Shrink & Braided Wire Loom. So the first thing i did when i got home with it was replace the 6AWG cables throughout the cart with the #1 Cable. After getting it the next thing i ordered a Rearview Mirror & Tinted Windshield, then ordered a Back Seat Kit, i ordered the back seat in black because i plan to change the front seats to black as well as paint the roof black. I originally wanted to order a Long Travel Lift Kit thats adjustable between 6-8" but they are basically not existent with all the Covid crap going on. There are people that have been waiting 7+ months for the kit. I just couldnt go that long driving around a stock cart so i decided to go with a 6" A-Arm Lift. Well turns out those are on backorder too. Spoke to one guy that ordered his in July and still hasnt gotten it. I really really lucked out and found a random guy selling the 6" A-Arm kit on eBay. I messaged him and re agreed on a price which was cheaper than they normally go for and i had it in 3 days! Then ordered some 14" Wheels, 23" Tires, HD Dual Action Leaf Springs, New Bushings and finally a Voltage Reducer.

In just 2 weeks the cart looked completely different. The wife was on my back for ordering so much stuff so the build has stopped for the time being. Next on the list i will be installing a dash board with stereo and speakers and completely rewiring the lights so i can control them the way i want. I also plan to add a rear facing LED light and some sort of underglow or rocklights under the cart.

Heres a couple before and after pictures. 

Stock.jpg

Raptor Lights.jpg

Lifted.jpg

Back.jpg

Cables.jpg

Anybody else have carts?

Wayne

• Like 1

That looks good!

While I don't have a "recreational cart" I do have two golf carts that I keep going.  One is a 1974 Cushman GC400 that mom bought new when she was pregnant with me.  The other is an early 90's EZGO. 

Both are 36V, and while they aren't the most energy efficient or fastest, they are super easy to keep going and repair when something breaks.

I would love to know your source on the #1 Welding Lead, 16Ton Hydraulic Crimping Tool, Terminals,

At my old job we had all of that so I kept extra cables around, but I've had a few terminals corrode and I hate buying premade junk now, so would rather make my own.  Could use it for winch wires as well, since a 2 gauge cable for my Warn 8274's is now about $65 if I buy a "Warn" cable.

Cool !!! Good to see you back around ...

I have a couple of carts a Club Car DS 36V for play  and a EZGO WorkHorse ST350 Kawasaki gas for work around the yard  --- and  still have a couple of other cart projects going on , another WorkHorse with 16 inches of lift and a TRX300 engine / 250 rear end in it ( about 75% complete ) and a ClubCar with a TRX200SX engine for it ( about 50% complete ) , one day might get back on them projects 

19 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I would love to know your source on the #1 Welding Lead, 16Ton Hydraulic Crimping Tool, Terminals,

The source for the wire is my work. How much do you need? I could possibly ship you some. #1 is way over kill for sure, i only did it because i got it for free. I also have #2 that might be cheaper to ship but it is pretty heavy so the cost of shipping might not make it worth it considering you can order cable off Amazon. I see you can get 10' of #1 for $35 shipped. A local welding supply store should have it for even cheaper.

Everything was purchased off Amazon.

Crimper

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Hydraulic-Crimper-Terminal-Crimping/dp/B00ZA2P3XM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=X58RPBHKRKYS&dchild=1&keywords=16+ton+hydraulic+wire+crimper&qid=1609345612&sprefix=16+ton+%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-5

Terminals - The terminals i bought are for #2 wire but the #1 wire fit in them so i used #1 instead because i had it. After crimping them they are super super tight.

https://www.amazon.com/SELTERM-Marine-Terminal-Battery-Eyelets/dp/B073FGB1B2/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2VII4Q5IS5RQI&dchild=1&keywords=2%2Bgauge%2B5%2F16%2Bring%2Bterminal&qid=1609345811&sprefix=2%2Bgauge%2B5%2F1%2Caps%2C432&sr=8-15&th=1&psc=1

Heat Shrink

https://www.amazon.com/XHF-Pcs-Inch-19mm-Waterproof/dp/B07X472W3Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=xhf+2+pcs+3%2F4&qid=1609346167&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODFCUk9DUENPTjNHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDM1MDEwM09aWk1UMFI3OU41UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTY1MTQ5M0xNMlY4STBHN0NaSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Braided Loom

https://www.amazon.com/25ft-Expandable-Braided-Sleeving-BlackRed/dp/B074GP12FX?ref_=ast_slp_dp&th=1

Wayne

28 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Cool !!! Good to see you back around ...

I have a couple of carts a Club Car DS 36V for play  and a EZGO WorkHorse ST350 Kawasaki gas for work around the yard  --- and  still have a couple of other cart projects going on , another WorkHorse with 16 inches of lift and a TRX300 engine / 250 rear end in it ( about 75% complete ) and a ClubCar with a TRX200SX engine for it ( about 50% complete ) , one day might get back on them projects 

With moving into the new house, all this Covid crap & the plant i work at temporarily shutting down and them transferring us to there other local location which changed my travel time and my work schedule life has made for a very crazy year. Got a email from my original work location last week that we will NOT be starting up during the first quarter of 2021 so it looks like i have at least 3 more months before things return back to normal. Once back to normal i will be breaking ground on building a 35X35 detached garage at the new house!

This picture was taken right after we moved in. Its from a party at a friends house across the pond from our new house. Shows you how many cart owners there are in the neighborhood.

Carts.jpg

Wayne

• Like 1

good to see you back z, I'd been asking fish where did the lighting expert went for a while, i hear you on many lives being changed over the things that have been going on, it been one wild year, just hope 2021 well be better, hope y'all had a great Christmas holiday, good to see you back bro. i think you stopped by chat a couple times to ? our numbers have climbed, come by and stop in. 

• Like 1

All them carts , any of your buddies need  a 48 volt club car charger , they go for over $300 , will let it go for $100 ,  you can open a filling station and sell beer and drinks while they are over charging up , LOL 

%m6C79XDRfO4gpzQB7ulyQ.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

All them carts , any of your buddies need  a 48 volt club car charger , they go for over $300 , will let it go for $100 ,  you can open a filling station and sell beer and drinks while they are over charging up , LOL 

%m6C79XDRfO4gpzQB7ulyQ.jpg

That’s the same charger must of us Club Car owners have. I’ll ask around! Great Price!!

Ive actually been looking at upgrading to the Lester Summit 2 Charger. 

Wayne

16 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good to see you back z, I'd been asking fish where did the lighting expert went for a while, i hear you on many lives being changed over the things that have been going on, it been one wild year, just hope 2021 well be better, hope y'all had a great Christmas holiday, good to see you back bro. i think you stopped by chat a couple times to ? our numbers have climbed, come by and stop in. 

Haha. After I finish everything else I want to do to the cart I plan to do HID projectors on the cart like the Rancher. The hard part with the cart is I’ll have to make the entire light housing first. Not sure how ima do it but I promise you one day I’ll have projectors on it!

Wayne

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Z7What said:

That’s the same charger must of us Club Car owners have. I’ll ask around! Great Price!!

Ive actually been looking at upgrading to the Lester Summit 2 Charger. 

Wayne

My Club Car is 36 volts , was thinking about upgrading  to 48 volts  , but it ain't never going to happen ---also have 3 - 36volt charges , only need one and maybe a spare , might let one of them go also 

Kind of bumming on my buddy Moe's grandson , he is like 3 and a tornado , don't stop , they brought him over one weekend , he got in the cart , turned on the key , standing up with his hands above his head holding on the wheel , hit the gas pedal and went up under the carport and hit the stainless  sink counter top wide open , threw him out the cart onto the concrete , he is a pretty tuff kid  , could have hurt someone bad , did a lot of damage to the cart , cracked the aluminum frame , bent the custom heavy duty bumper and put a twist in the front fender --- told Moe I got a new leash rule , he has not brought MJ back yet , thank goodness ---- LOL

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Z7What said:

The source for the wire is my work. How much do you need? I could possibly ship you some. #1 is way over kill for sure, i only did it because i got it for free. I also have #2 that might be cheaper to ship but it is pretty heavy so the cost of shipping might not make it worth it considering you can order cable off Amazon. I see you can get 10' of #1 for $35 shipped. A local welding supply store should have it for even cheaper.

Everything was purchased off Amazon.

Crimper

https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Hydraulic-Crimper-Terminal-Crimping/dp/B00ZA2P3XM/ref=sr_1_5?crid=X58RPBHKRKYS&dchild=1&keywords=16+ton+hydraulic+wire+crimper&qid=1609345612&sprefix=16+ton+%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-5

Terminals - The terminals i bought are for #2 wire but the #1 wire fit in them so i used #1 instead because i had it. After crimping them they are super super tight.

https://www.amazon.com/SELTERM-Marine-Terminal-Battery-Eyelets/dp/B073FGB1B2/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2VII4Q5IS5RQI&dchild=1&keywords=2%2Bgauge%2B5%2F16%2Bring%2Bterminal&qid=1609345811&sprefix=2%2Bgauge%2B5%2F1%2Caps%2C432&sr=8-15&th=1&psc=1

Heat Shrink

https://www.amazon.com/XHF-Pcs-Inch-19mm-Waterproof/dp/B07X472W3Z/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=xhf+2+pcs+3%2F4&qid=1609346167&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODFCUk9DUENPTjNHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUExMDM1MDEwM09aWk1UMFI3OU41UCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNTY1MTQ5M0xNMlY4STBHN0NaSiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Braided Loom

https://www.amazon.com/25ft-Expandable-Braided-Sleeving-BlackRed/dp/B074GP12FX?ref_=ast_slp_dp&th=1

Wayne

With the tiny little town I live in a welding supply store is a bit of a drive.  I very much appreciate the offer for wire, but I'll nose around and find some either online or in a nearby town.  I always ask because sometimes people have a honey hole where stuff can be bought cheap!

That crimper looks like it might also work for winch cables.  Anyone use one in that capacity?  (Edit, looked a winch cable crimps.  Completely different)

Thanks for the links!  I've got several spools of loom I've used for Jeep wiring over the years, but the rest of the stuff will be on my list.

7 hours ago, Z7What said:

Haha. After I finish everything else I want to do to the cart I plan to do HID projectors on the cart like the Rancher. The hard part with the cart is I’ll have to make the entire light housing first. Not sure how ima do it but I promise you one day I’ll have projectors on it!

Wayne

good deal, i was very impressed with the results on that rancher light mod. and all the electrical works added looked very professional, i looked around for the thread but then recalled it was in the old forums. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

good deal, i was very impressed with the results on that rancher light mod. and all the electrical works added looked very professional, i looked around for the thread but then recalled it was in the old forums. 

Yeah that was the old one. Maybe when I get back home with better service I’ll copy and paste the post to this site. 

Wayne

• Like 1

thanks the mod will sure be interesting to see, again over here, sure to get some attention from those wanting some really great headlights!