WonderMonkey

Just Got An Attempt At A Scam on Facebook

I've said it before, but will repeat....

If these scumbags put 1/2 the effort into making an honest living, as they do trying to scam people, they'll probably be legitimately well off!

• Like 3

personally i would have never responded to the text, but that's just me. or maybe not, you respond sometimes these idiots don't give up. 

Social Community, says it all. Ya Volt. fanaticism, says the same thing. 

Edited by LedFTed

---- fanaticism ,  I am going to try to use that word  today  in casual conversation ----- Word of the Day 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

personally i would have never responded to the text, but that's just me. or maybe not, you respond sometimes these idiots don't give up. 

It was easy.  If they would have kept going I could have just ignored them.  Also I unfriended the fake account, so that stopped the messages.  And really, they are looking to make the scam work with minimal effort, so they are not going to keep going past a certain point.  THIS scam, anyways.

well sounds to me if you friended them, you were almost going to buy into it, i never would have text them to start with, that's just me lol!! I'm done with this, do what you wish. :-) 

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well sounds to me if you friended them, you were almost going to buy into it, i never would have text them to start with, that's just me lol!! I'm done with this, do what you wish. 🙂

Not sure what there is to be "done" with.  It's a profile of a person I know that had been faked, and I accepted the request.

well since you've quoted me----  if (you haven't already) i would contact him, and let him know if indeed he's using the same profile,(change it, and get the word out)  that way more of his ?? friends won't be suckered, you might also notify what service he has his account profile with ? 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well since you've quoted me----  if (you haven't already) i would contact him, and let him know if indeed he's using the same profile,(change it, and get the word out)  that way more of his ?? friends won't be suckered, you might also notify what service he has his account profile with ? 

Already done, and good advice.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:45 AM, Fishfiles said:

---- fanaticism ,  I am going to try to use that word  today  in casual conversation ----- Word of the Day 

well, did ya do it?, has to do with fanatics. got a few in the family. Social/Citizen says it all. those at the top/those at the bottom. not necessarily political, in the sense that Charlie Manson was a fanatic, an those that followed him were stuck in a world that was fanaticism. following a loony-toon. See "Jim Jones".