Hi guys, 

Just recently purchased a foreman 450 es.

Got the parts from the Honda shop to service the bike before I use it too much as it’s had a hard life, not shifting down gears very well and not even sure how to tell how old the bike is... can’t find any stickers or plates with information on them..

Hoping I can find a few answers buried here in the forum..

cheers

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Feel free to post some pictures. Im sure someone here can narrow it down or point you in the direction of the vin# and they can de-code that for you.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, the # you looking for is the frame serial number. it is located on the frame at the front of the bike.   it will be on a horizonal metal piece about 7 inches long,,, it will have about 15 or so #s and letters, copy these down they will tell you everything about your bike..come back and tell us what they are and we'll help  you. have a great day

• Like 1

Glad you found us here, there are quite a few 450 ES around, should be able to get the help you need.....

On 1/1/2021 at 3:31 PM, The_wanderer said:

Hi guys, 

Just recently purchased a foreman 450 es.

Got the parts from the Honda shop to service the bike before I use it too much as it’s had a hard life, not shifting down gears very well and not even sure how to tell how old the bike is... can’t find any stickers or plates with information on them..

Hoping I can find a few answers buried here in the forum..

cheers

welcome to the forums. the trx450es model ran from 1998 ( i think ? ) up until 2004 was the last year honda made the trx450.

Welcome to the ATVHonda,com ...  Shade ^^^^  is right 1998-2004 was the 450ES  production years , you can narrow it down a bit , if you have a yellow 4wd/2wd  selection switch on the right handle bar , it is a 2002-2004 selectable 4wd , no switch and it is 1998-2001 full time 4wd 

the 10th digit of the vin # is the code for the year , if the atv has a winch ,  then it maybe be covering the vin as some winch mounting  plates do cover the vin and some don't  -----also under the seat on the frame or in the front on the left side frame there could be a decal , like TRX450ES and a letter , the letter at the end is the year code - usually 

post up a pic of the ATV