superrman77

WTB Fan Control Unit For A 1988 Honda Foreman 350d

Like the title says.  I need a Fan Control Unit for a 1988 Honda Foreman 350d.  1988 and 1989 are the only compatible years.  Thanks 

What’s it look like, and any way to test one? I might have one on one of these carcasses 

7 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

What’s it look like, and any way to test one? I might have one on one of these carcasses 

it has to be off an '88 bro, no other years will work on his model. front left sitting on bike , top of frame, in rubber holder.

So opposite the CDI (ish)

Will try to look tomorrow. Think the parts bike I have is an 89

9 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

So opposite the CDI (ish)

Will try to look tomorrow. Think the parts bike I have is an 89

'88 and '89 will be the same, but nothing under an '88. he told me he bought that one I linked from ebay.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, superrman77 said:

Like the title says.  I need a Fan Control Unit for a 1988 Honda Foreman 350d.  1988 and 1989 are the only compatible years.  Thanks 

try reviving your old one by drying it out in an oven—like you’re making jerky. I’ve revived two FCU and a CDI this way and heard of several others having success. You can make this FCU your spare if you want.

Oven should be 200F or less; drying time at least 3 hours; let cool completely before reinstalling. Because you have exposed wires on this module, try and protect those wires from direct contact with oven rack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, superrman77 said:

So how long are you actually leaving them in the oven for? Do you put them straight on the rack?

Somebody told me they did it for two hours and it worked; i figure three hours for complete heating ought to be the minimum and can’t think of a good reason to go longer than that. You’re only trying to drive off excess humidity that might affect circuit performance. Besides if you leave it in there too long, you’ll forget about it and someone will smoke check it when they try baking a meat loaf or some other hot dish.😂

would be good to put them on a layered piece of foil — protect those wires.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1