RanchHand420

New guy

Hi im new to the honda fourms (any online fourms in general) so bear with me. hopefully i dont need to pester you guys too much but i may have bit off a little more than i can chew with an 87 forman. I felt confident after rebuilding my late grandmas 87 200sx. (Witch is y i chose an 87 forman to give grandmas ol girl a partner) and i rebuilt two 70s yamaha endoros. All three seemed easy this summer compaired to the forman. So far ive redone the front suspension.. had to grind off part of the center drive shaft gaurd cuz someone thought it was a good idea to weld the shifter on. Had to torch the frame red hot and use a 1/2 impact to get out the right swing arm pivit bolt out, but got the bearings in the swingarm at last. Put in new shocks, good, everithing seems solid With frame/suspension. Now on to the fun part, getting it running. No relly, i do enjoy tinkering with carbs and engines. I can put together most carbs with my eyes closed. The hardest part was the mess the wireing harness was in and trying to find a diagram online without paying 50$. Never did find a good diagram but good ol trial and error got the starter going. Got it running good, real good other than a small leek in the head gasket. Played in the snow, draged the indor horse arena. And right when i was bragging about how it dosnt leek any gas it started. Fuel pump must be going bad but not tosted. After looking everywhere online i decided to join the atv fourms for help. Tinkered and just when the gas stoped leeking the rear end went out while driving. So there it is on blocks again. New axle on the way, im sure ill be bugging you guys for info on this ol dude pleanty

Welcome to the forum! Start a thread in the utility section when ya get ready.

welcome to our forums ranchhand420, your in great hands here, some of the best atv help you will locate anywhere !.