Nanook

Oil Quick Drain

Installed a Fumoto F-109 oil quick drain on the 2018 Foreman. Beefed up the stock skid plate, so it can’t get pushed up and expose the drain. As it sits, it is recessed 3/16” from the drain opening in the skid plate. I’m converting all three Honda ATVs over to these...no more worrying about stripping out oil drain threads...

Edited by Nanook
  • Like 1

I have them on most of my cars, and put one on the wife’s 420 to “fix” the mostly stripped plug. 

No problems from any of them. Been running them on my cars for about 15 years

The 420 Rancher I have is next...I didn’t like the feel of things the last time I changed the oil. Hopefully there are still enough threads left to get the Fumoto on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanook said:

The 420 Rancher I have is next...I didn’t like the feel of things the last time I changed the oil. Hopefully there are still enough threads left to get the Fumoto on there.

Keep us updated on the 420 

2 hours ago, Melatv said:

Keep us updated on the 420 

Will do Mel...

Here's what I had to do on the wife's 420.  At that point I'd dumped a lot more money in it that I'd planned (per the usual) and I couldn't find a used crankcase part with good threads, so I fumoto'd it.

It's worked fine since, but she doesn't ride much anymore.  Not ideal by any means, and I would never do it on anything but my own personal stuff. 

https://www.hondaforeman.com/threads/oil-drain-plug-size.71918/

I do have them on my Accord, the wife's Lexus, the kid's Mazda, Mom's Honda Pilot (the grandma one, not the buggy), and both of my sister's vehicles.  They make oil changes quick and easy, and take away the risk of stripped pans.

I like the idea of quick drains, however I’ve never in my life had any issue with a drain plug. I reuse washers until I “think” they should be replaced & always put them back in by hand never stripping one. I myself would be worried about catching it & busting it off..

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

I'd have to do away with that magnetic plug, and change the foot guard, i think the magnetic plug is worth keeping, never had an issue with oil drain plugs on any machine, but sure make an oil change simple, and quick. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

I had a 93 Accord and a local shop in NW Arkansas did $20 oil changes (this was back in the early 2000's).

They stripped my drain plug, and told me that "the threads just wear out".  Wouldn't make it right.  I never took anything back to them, and instead of replacing the oil pan, I instead drained it and let it sit overnight.  The next day I installed a Fumoto valve with blue loctite on the threads, let it sit until the next morning.  Added oil, and it never leaked a drop.  Drove that car for another 100K miles, and oil changes were so quick and easy with the Fumoto that I put them on most of my other vehicles.

Not necessary, but they are handy.

• Like 2