87Iroc

Whoops....Kitchenaid MIxer Fix...

Stripped out the gear on my wife's Kitchenaid MIxer on New Years. Discovered it tonight. Glad I'm handy. Pretty sure Duct Tape won't be used in the repair...but holy crap the use of grease is amazing!

38CE956B-7D29-4E53-AE2E-EC86035184DF.jpeg

27941E6B-31C4-42A0-94F9-BD32C73A7E24.jpeg

Edited by 87Iroc
  • Like 2

Yep they are packed full! And you can get the parts on searspartsdirect.com for it. They are actually very simple in design! Fixed 100s of them through the years doing appliance repair.

• Like 4

I remember my Mom having one and making cakes with it when I was a kid  ----

a few months back a lady at the flea market had one for sale , I was thinking about buying  it and getting  the sausage grinder attachment for it as a friend has that set up  , so on Saturday night I was researching it and seen the good ones new  go for $300 , and then  I found the original aluminum housing grinder attachment to fit it  on e-bay , well good thing I didn't buy the kit first ,cause when I went back on  Sunday it was already sold  

• Like 2

I've had to fix a couple of those for my sister (the caterer). 

She managed to crack an aluminum chunk up in hers.

Remember buying a Kitchenaid many years ago from a store that we knew the owner very well.  He said if you are interested in one now is the time to buy because they are going to cheapen them by using plastic gears.  So we did and been glad we had the heads up, plastic not quite the same as metal....

• Like 2

I just bought the wife & I one for Xmas. It was an expensive one with a sausage maker attachment. It’s perfect to make Donair meat as well as everything in between. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:39 AM, bcsman said:

Remember buying a Kitchenaid many years ago from a store that we knew the owner very well.  He said if you are interested in one now is the time to buy because they are going to cheapen them by using plastic gears.  So we did and been glad we had the heads up, plastic not quite the same as metal....

They put that one plastic one in for a fuse....all the other gears are steel. Wonder if they depowered the motors or something at the time. We've had this one like 10 yrs or more I think.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:27 AM, Wheeler said:

I just bought the wife & I one for Xmas. It was an expensive one with a sausage maker attachment. It’s perfect to make Donair meat as well as everything in between. 

Whaat is Donair meat ?? 

I think I answered my own question , Canada meatloaf !

Step 1 In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the ground beef, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Pack the spiced meat 

• 4.4/5
    (71)
  • Total Time: 9 hrs 50 mins
  • Servings: 6
  • Recipe Instructions
    1. In a bowl, thoroughly mix together the ground beef, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, …
    2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    3. Place the meat loaf onto a baking sheet, and bake for 1 hour, flipping the loaf over halfway through …
    4. Mix together the evaporated milk and white sugar in a bowl, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, and …

@TBRider , I stuck your Donair recipe into the Food Channel thread and gave you credit for it , thanks , might have to try that one day ---here is a link to that thread : 

• Like 1

I use a recipe that is a little differ t from that, but donairs are close to what they call I believe Shwarma? 

anyways donair meat is unique. They are fantastic if made right. 

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=202935

These are two loafs I made up. Deer & Elk. Slice thin, vacuum seal & freeze for later. 

C9744F90-666C-4343-AAC9-04FAFC4FB330.jpeg

B84D1770-3E05-4DF3-B0CD-7086DBFB8331.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

I only like the donairs from here and from the donair shop on Macleod in Calgary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 87Iroc said:

All back together and spinning great.

did ya use china gears rofl.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, shadetree said:

(Sorry didnt mean to edit your post....meant to qoute it lol.)

Lets see kitchenaid so its made by whirlpool....probably mexico. Only there electronic control boards were china or korea. Unless things have changed lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

nlol....actually yes. The Kitchenaid gears were 3 weeks out for delivery and I didn't wat the wrath of the wife for that long! Price wasn't a factor as the kitchenaid gears are twice the price but 7 vs 14 is not enough to make me care. It was straight up delivery time.

Regular kitchenaid gear for a backup is on order shortly.

55 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

(Sorry didnt mean to edit your post....meant to qoute it lol.)

Lets see kitchenaid so its made by whirlpool....probably mexico. Only there electronic control boards were china or korea. Unless things have changed lol.

Let me pull phone and i'll update iwth a pic. 

ACB5A065-F1C5-4217-8D1E-09D7456AEAC7.jpeg

Edited by 87Iroc

1 minute ago, 87Iroc said:

Let me pull phone and i'll update iwth a pic. 

ACB5A065-F1C5-4217-8D1E-09D7456AEAC7.jpeg

Oh yeah its "made in usa". I was talking about the part you got to fix it. LoL. Just like everything it is assembled here. In a whirlpool factory. With parts from every part of the globe.

Just now, SlammedRanger said:

Oh yeah its "made in usa". I was talking about the part you got to fix it. LoL. Just like everything it is assembled here. In a whirlpool factory. With parts from every part of the globe.

Oh gotcha....

Yah, I wouldn't be surprised if the gear I bought came from same factory Whirlpool busy from.

1 minute ago, 87Iroc said:

Oh gotcha....

Yah, I wouldn't be surprised if the gear I bought came from same factory Whirlpool busy from.

My bet is the oem kitchenaid part will say made in mexico. I would say about 90% of the parts i changed on them were from there. Until you get into electeical parts like motors and switches and all computer boards. Then you get china or korea most of the time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SlammedRanger said:
6 minutes ago, 87Iroc said:

My bet is the oem kitchenaid part will say made in mexico. I would say about 90% of the parts

Could be. Gear is too small to have a label. I'll have to look at new package when it comes in.

Gotta say i have never seen one of them in school bus yellow before either man. Seen alot of crazy colors. Heck i fixed a hot pink one before lol. After working on them and seeing how they went cheap and switched gears to plastic. I bought my wife a vintage one. Just basic white and black were the options i could find.

• Like 2