Storage boxes , a Pelican Box or the Apache brand from Harbor Freight work good for water proof storage , you can also go with an ice chest and use it as dry storage when needed ---- turn buckets with eyelets on the racks makes swopping around easy 

fullsizeoutput_cde.jpeg

IMG_8284.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Storage boxes , a Pelican Box or the Apache brand from Harbor Freight work good for water proof storage , you can also go with an ice chest and use it as dry storage when needed ---- turn buckets with eyelets on the racks makes swopping around easy 

fullsizeoutput_cde.jpeg

IMG_8284.JPG

I didn't even think about the pelican boxes, thanks

On 1/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jemmons467 said:

I want to buy a 424 kickoff for mine, I hear good things.

What's a 424 kickoff?

It’s a front driveshaft disengage. So u can run in rear wheel drive only. They quit making them again, & are like gold if u find one. Some are still listed for certain atv models on EBay once in a while. 

• Like 1

i think they only make 4 models , 2000-2006 350 rancher is a DS3500 , 1998-2001 450 Foreman is a DS4500 , 93-2000 300 Fourtrax and then the 500 Rubicon ,

credit goes to @Fishfiles good information! 

• Like 1

When Warn was still making them , I believe there was also a couple for Yamahas 

• Like 2

They actually made the 424  for Kawasaki also  , learned something new today 

categories  > WARN 424 SELECT (16)
WARN 424 SELECT YAMAHA BIG BEAR 1997-1999
zoom_icon.gif

Save

WARN 424 SELECT YAMAHA BIG BEAR 1997-1999

Price: $310.00 px_blank.gif add to cart     btn_back.gif

Shipping: US-Mainland: $15.00 (more destinations)

Sales Tax: Kentucky: 6%

Condition: Brand new

Payment with: Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check,

*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.

WARN 424 Select is an ATV front-end disconnect system that allows you to manually disengage both front wheels for greater maneuverability then re-engage 4-wheel drive for superior traction. The system was designed specifically for 4-wheel drive Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha ATVs.

WARN 424 Select is an affordable upgrade that offers increased maneuverability for a sport bike feel and provides reduced steering effort for decreased wear and tear on you and your bike.

Features:
- Shafts are 4140 alloy heat-treated steel that is nickel plated for superb corrosion resistance
- Teflon lined control cable reduces friction, makes engagement easy
- 2-position, manual shift control cable has positive locking that won't vibrate loose
- Disconnect housing is sealed, requires minimal maintenance
- Bolt-on installation with standard tools.

IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE WARN ITEM YOU ARE LOOKING FOR PLEASE EMAIL US AT [email protected] AND WE WILL DO OUT BEST TO HELP YOU.

Interesting about the reduced steering effort. I wonder if it would ease steering bump on my 2001 Ruby?

27 minutes ago, Tim-ANC said:

Interesting about the reduced steering effort. I wonder if it would ease steering bump on my 2001 Ruby?

What are you calling a 'steering bump " ?

Steering being easier isn't really what I like best about the 424 , another thing that is fun  is being able to rag it in 2wd ,throw 2wd rooster tails  do quick slide arounds and donuts , but ,  the best thing is seeing how far I can push it before I "need" to lock it into 4wd 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

many reasons ..... those above ^^^^ plus less drivetrain wind up, (on pavement) you can use the brakes (front and rear) independently of each other, another big plus is it's completely mechanical. none of those push button electrical issues. IMO the best simple mod a man can do to a 4wd 300. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Steering bump: when you're front tire hits a rut, log, rock at an angle and it jerks the handle bars

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim-ANC said:

Steering bump: when you're front tire hits a rut, log, rock at an angle and it jerks the handle bars

ok , that seems to happen even in 2wd ------- my wife's 300 had Outlaws which have side cup threads , she was still getting the bars jerking her arms  even in 2wd , switched the tires to SwampLites and she liked it better , will still happen but not as much 

That lever right in front the tank disconnects 4wd 

fullsizeoutput_415.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_497.jpeg

• Like 4