Harley 41

Code 24

Hi guys i have a 2016 forman that is not shifting and code 24 i change angle senser and still the same. And how can u reset computer 

@Harley 41 is this the electric shift model or the DCT automatic model (IRS suspension)? If just the electric shift and since you changed the angle sensor already checking the shift motor out would be next (unless i missed you doing that already in the other post). If it's the automatic then the same but a few other things to check while that is off.

• Like 2

Here are the DTC 24 infos from the service manual. Let us know what you find out. Don't get in a hurry to buy a PCM if the manual tells ya to... it's likely something simpler, so lets discuss that.

dtc-24.png

dtc-24-tests.png

On 1/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, Harley 41 said:

Hi its electric shift and automatic 

Being the FA model while the shift motor is removed manually shift it and let loose of the wrench to see if it returns by itself. There is a shift stopper bolt that the return spring sits on that breaks in them and will give "false" codes.

• Like 1

There guy drop his honda  today after taking it last week i replace angle senser but still having trouble.  I will remove the shift motor and try what u said to see if it return. Where is this shift stopped bold located. 

The front cover and front spacer has to be removed to get to it.

shiftpin.png

• Like 2

There guy drop his honda  today after taking it last week i replace angle senser but still having trouble.  I will remove the shift motor and try what u said to see if it return. Where is this shift stopped bold located. 

1 hour ago, toodeep said:

The front cover and front spacer has to be removed to get to it.

shiftpin.png

Thanks I will check that tomorrow 

Hi guys I think I might have it fix, I removed shift motor and took it apart and one of the brushes was stuck, I cleaned it all up and put back together it seems to be working no neg coming up yet , I guess I will soon find out when the guys gets it back and use it. I keep u updated thanks guys for the help.

• Like 3

Congrats! Glad that you fixed the shift motor. Thanks for the update!