WonderMonkey

Raising Your ATV Higher To Work On It

8 minutes ago, THH said:

I recently bought this air operated lift table.

Table is 8'x2', Removable side extensions make it 48" wide.

1- 24" wide removal ramp for motorcycles and 2- 12" wide removable ramps for atv's.

Has front wheel chock and removable rear tire drop out panel for motorcycles.

1500 lb. capacity, operates on 90-110 psi.

Makes ATV maintenance so much easier for me.

Lift Table.jpg

Lift Table 2.jpg

nice..set ya back about 2k or more ?. i use a craftsman atv pump jack, rated at 1500 lbs, easy to roll out of the way.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 10:27 PM, WonderMonkey said:

Well not so much as funny but it did make me sit here and think that through for a moment.  I was trying to imagine no floor but yet you use a floor jack.  Kind of like some riddle that made me fail a test.

Ha Ha; floor jacks still work on dirt. just harder to maneuver. could use a 1 ton, a bit lighter. 🙂

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WonderMonkey said:

I just wanted to mention that I appreciate all the input on this.

So what one did you buy  ???? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

So what one did you buy  ???? 

A floor jack and some stands.  I would get more all around use out of a floor jack, I think.  I use a piece of 4x4 to get it a bit higher when needed.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

A floor jack and some stands.  I would get more all around use out of a floor jack, I think.  I use a piece of 4x4 to get it a bit higher when needed.

That center pad of most floor jacks will unbolt and you can bolt an attachment to it ,   I will try and get you a pic of a couple of adaptors I have for floor jacks , one was store bought and turns a floor jack into a transmission jack and the other I welded up -----  could be more versatile to have one tool that will do multiple jobs  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

i would have made the same choice being you can use that type setup on multiple jobs, a bike lift is limited to what you can use it for, i use mine mostly for a work bench....lol comes in very handy.... the floor jacks at the shop.... well there just too big, and as Ted says not easy to role around on dirt. plus on the new bike... I'd think you wouldn't need a bike lift too much, but they make a great work bench! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i would have made the same choice being you can use that type setup on multiple jobs, a bike lift is limited to what you can use it for, i use mine mostly for a work bench....lol comes in very handy.... the floor jacks at the shop.... well there just too big, and as Ted says not easy to role around on dirt. plus on the new bike... I'd think you wouldn't need a bike lift too much, but they make a great work bench! 

I did look at all the things mentioned (within my budget) in this thread, and even a few things that were mentioned on youtube.  The thing that is most clunky about the floor jack is that you have to get an expensive one to lift it very high.  Of course that can be gotten around by a simple 4x4 or even an attachment like Fish mentioned.  After two uses of it, I'm happy with the purchase.  Just yesterday after coming back from vacation I jacked it up to investigate a squeak from my rear wheel and it was simple.  Prior to getting the jack I'd lift the rear end by myself and kick a metal milk crate under the rear end.  That's a pain to do and it's inviting injury.

• Like 3

I have used a come-along hooked to the garage rafters to put it up on blocks too. Do one end at a time.

• Like 2

first thing i thought of when i saw this thread updated was the squeak .... but  i figured to let you bring that up, so what the verdict ? cause I've been thinking about this... issue. 

• Like 1

Just now, PROV said:

I have used a come-along hooked to the garage rafters to put it up on blocks too. Do one end at a time.

yep i did the same, with chain hoist, but i couldn't pass up a great deal on a used lift table.... 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, PROV said:

My shop has lifting points in the ceiling to hoist my quads up, I can lift the front with its own winch and lift the back with a come-along or a snatch block and the winch from the other quad.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

first thing i thought of when i saw this thread updated was the squeak .... but  i figured to let you bring that up, so what the verdict ? cause I've been thinking about this... issue. 

That's exactly why I updated the thread, good call!  Last night I jacked it up and shook the wheel and such.  Solid.  I took the wheel off and visually inspected things.  I did get rid of some mud but nothing major.  I had just gotten back from vacation so I put the wheel back on and was done.  I have not gone forward with any other suggestions you gave.  I may need to be moving (like you suggested) so I'll get to that when I get unpacked and such.

• Like 2

i still think by the way you described the squeak .... speeding up as the bike moves faster and very noticeable from the rear of the bike,  it very well could be the brakes, or a hub  i don't know if you ever got your new bike deep enough in the slop for water /muck to get in the brakes ? but as young as the bike is, i couldn't see a bearing going down that fast ? it has to be something to do with rotation of the drive line hub brakes wheels etc..... still curios as to what that noise could be.