Jemmons467

Sunf A050

nope never known anyone to use them, but they are China made tire, IMO,  stay clear of them, go with the mudlite AT. which is much better tire, and made in the U.S.A. the mudlite AT is 6 ply far as i know margeshrimpson posted about getting a set of these SunF All Terrain.

Edited by _Wilson_™

Those look a lot like Mudlites , looks like the thread are closer together and more of them 

This is what I learned about tires , it is like a oil thread , everyone has their favorites , but with tires it is the type of terrain and soil conditions that is important on which tire will work best for you , a tire that works good for a guy that rides on rock roads might not be worth a crap to a guy that rides in clay and so there are so many different terrains and muds out there -----some tires don't clear the dirt and get clogged up and do nothing ---- I once bought a bike , got it running and took it for a ride in  the woods , I can't even remember what brand tires it had on it , but they were the worst tires in clay I ever tried , they become so clogged up that they were like slicks , you couldn't not take off from a dead stop , they would just spin , I had to run along side the atv while giving it gas till it got moving then jump on and don't let up to get it back home 

So the moral of the story is get tires that fit your terrain and soil condition needs ---  talk to people familiar with your area and have already done homework on what works 

i agree ^^^  but those have 16 cleats the mudlite has more like 22 cleats. best i recall ? what i read about those china tires, is they deform.... and cause drivetrain / bike vibration, old saying you get what you pay for, but as mentioned people like what they like... i take it  since you posted those ? that's tread pattern your interested in, then go with the mudlite. 

19 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i agree ^^^  but those have 16 cleats the mudlite has more like 22 cleats. best i recall ? what i read about those china tires, is they deform.... and cause drivetrain / bike vibration, old saying you get what you pay for, but as mentioned people like what they like... i take it  since you posted those ? that's tread pattern your interested in, then go with the mudlite. 

You talking to Me? ^^^  I have all kinds of tires on my ATVs right now ,  Mudlites are a good replacement of stock  tires , just a bit better traction then the variations of OEM tires that came on them new -----  I personally would not buy another set of Mudlites , not that they are bad or anything , just depends on what you want to achieve , I'd go SwampLites , they are much better than MudLite if you are more serious about mud riding and want to keep a more stock'ish type  tire , not go too aggressive and still ride fairly smooth ----  Me , my primary go  to tire has been and is going to stay ---  Outlaws ---  I been happy with them 

no, lol! i wasn't kicking back.... but no one here rides in the muck like you do, well i think Mac used to ? what i was getting at was if that tread pattern was what he's looking for ....( he didn't say) just thought of those tires he posted, which have a bad review ... probably in his case, he'd better better off avoiding those chinia tires,  see... this why i try and stay clear of tire threads, lol! weight ... plus etc ... price, quality ... so there's no chance I'd run a cheep china made tire. not anything wrong with swamplites, or outlaws. 

13 hours ago, Jemmons467 said:

Has anybody heard of these or used them. They are Sunf a050. 1-1_5d42a874-8638-49ea-abfa-ad3298f4d933_1080x.jpg

If you go with those, I’d go up one inch in size height as I’ve read that Chinese knock offs run a little smaller. 

Not sure where ur looking but eBay will often have the Chinese tires very cheap. 

Edited by slowindown

I ain't going to lie , I have never really paid any attention to what tires are made in china or not -----

I was just outside walking the dog and seen I have 3 sets of Outlaws ,  1 set of Mydzillas , 1 set of SwampLites , 1 set of Dirt Devils and 2 sets of MudLites ,   are any of them brands China or foreign made ???   

They look like a decent tire, I'd probably try them if they were cheap....

I can’t bring myself to buy & trust a knock off tire. I just can’t... I’d pay more for piece of mind. My 26” Zillas cost me $600 if memory serves me correct & not 1 issue to date. (Knock on wood!)

• Like 2

Holy notifications haha. So I am looking for something better than stock and enough to get me through the mud if I need. There is a variety if terrain up here. I do not go looking for mud but some places its hard to get around. These Sunf are $289 shipped and they have 1.5" lug. Also I probably won't ride a ton with my new job and kids, eventhough my 3 yr old loves going out with me. 

• Like 1

it was posted here in  the forums  you can get the original mudlite from Rocky Mountain  for around $300, mine cost not much more then that, and have held up very well for the conditions i ride in axle deep mud, sand, rocks, hills even snow, pavement. and hard spinning pulls, had mine 8 years, still have over 3/4 tread left, not a single flat tire, how ever the AT does not have cleats that deep.

im with wheeler, i just can't do knock off tires, and we've all heard about china knock parts failing. 

• Like 3