freebo86

Adjusted Valves runs and sounds poorly

Just went to the Rotella web site and T4 is listed as JASO certified, you are safe to use it in your Honda.  If it wasn't I wouldn't be using it in mine freebo.....

• Like 3

15 hours ago, freebo86 said:

Checked the official Shell website. It's good. Plus WallyWorld is $24 for that same jug. So Rotella it will be.

you'll be fine with rotella, would go with rotella myself, just went with gn4 from habit, the main issue is oil changes, no matter what type oil you use, oil changes are just as important, if i changed brands today, I'd go with Amsoil. but that's even more rare here, the gn4 is, and cost much more, but well worth it IMO. 

• Thanks 1

Its going to be Rotella. as @_Wilson_™ said, I'd rather do more frequent oil changes then less frequenty. And with the price of Rotella its a no brainer.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, jeepwm69 said:

He's a big ole hulk of a dumb-butt. LOL

https://www.hondaforeman.com/threads/stripped-oil-filter-bolt.143930/

Old Rich450es.  He was kinda like our Shadetree on the HF board.  Walked me through my first engine rebuild.

He's living out in Utah now, running a small engine shop, and moved from Honda ATV's to old VW beetles.

i used to be way more of a hulk....now its more of blob...😁

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i like this guy, jeep, you were right, he's a character. lol 

That's one way of describing him......

He's 6' 5" of whine, but you gotta be quick if you make him mad cause he lashes out like an angry toddler when he gets drunk and angry.

The scary thing is, he has a meaner twin....LOL 

• Haha 3

Even better is letting him go back and forth with our Rincon riding buddy who is about 5' 6" and 350.  It like Laurel and Hardy, but dumbed down to "Arkeesaw" humor. 

The little short fat guy is like a chihuahua jumping around barking at a big Rottweiler.  He's got a quick wit and a sharp tongue, but is smart enough to stay out of arms reach when Basfnb starts getting irritated.  LOL. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

yep, i could call him a friend real quick! he wasn't by any chance a bull rider at one time, was he ? lol! 

ha no bullrider..... i did grow up getting into fights about everyday tho..lol...we had to stop when we got old and actually started  doing real damage..... i COULD tell some stories about good ole jeep....buttttttt- i wont...😄 they like to talk alot of smak, but the first one to be called when some sort of heavy lifting needs to be done is good ole me.....lol    it gets pretty bad sometimes when we ride.... if all the jokes start out on you, its gonna be a long day...:-(....... we dont get to ride near as much as we used too...! life gets in the way....

• Like 2

oh it's going to be fun having you and jeep here.... lol, i recall you laying on a heated floor, in jeeps house, but i don't recall all the details. hey brother smack fits in good here. i talk that langauge myself lol! 

You kind of bring that on yourself Bas.

I have discovered that large people get so used to using their braun to solve their problems that they forget how to use their brains.

He’s the type of guy that will sit in a room full of women and start saying how irrational and stupid he thinks women are.  

He is very handy to have around when you need something heavy moved though LOL

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, basfnb said:

ha no bullrider..... i did grow up getting into fights about everyday tho..lol...we had to stop when we got old and actually started  doing real damage..... i COULD tell some stories about good ole jeep....buttttttt- i wont...😄 they like to talk alot of smak, but the first one to be called when some sort of heavy lifting needs to be done is good ole me.....lol    it gets pretty bad sometimes when we ride.... if all the jokes start out on you, its gonna be a long day...:-(....... we dont get to ride near as much as we used too...! life gets in the way....

yeah i can relate.... now i way out the options, thank goodness i never spent much time in the bar hotel, lol, some of those guys are now close friends, gotta respect a man who does it old school (white knuckles) 

totally unrelated but we popped the hood of my daily driver and the battery has a sticker on it from 2/2012 and the battery is still super healthy! That's like nine years!

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 9:02 AM, jeepwm69 said:

When I started using it, the T4 said it was JASO MA rated.  The T6 did also.  The T5 syn blend did not, but guys over on the BITOG forums said it too is good to go, but not marked as such.

As you said, they have to pay to certify their oil, so they might not do it every year for every oil.

Of course, the scary part of that is, what if they change the T4 where it's not longer JASO approved, and we just assume it's deleted off of the bottle to save them money, when in reality it is no longer wet clutch safe?

Just figured I'd further muddy the waters in the always-entertaining oil debates.

That's good to know ,  that those letters are on a bottle of T4 Rotella , not  that I needed them to use it , just to quiet down the haters , LOL ---- 

Let's talk tires now , eh ??? 

• Haha 3

would deem kind off for them to change the formula, after so many years, being it's such a very popular oil. old saying ( if aint broke don't mess with it) lol. 

14 hours ago, jdlmodelt said:

totally unrelated but we popped the hood of my daily driver and the battery has a sticker on it from 2/2012 and the battery is still super healthy! That's like nine years!

I still have a couple of the old Optima Red Tops from 2007 that are going strong.  That was before they were bought out by Johnson Controls.  The ones I bought AFTER the buyout didn't make it to the end of the warranty period.

I'm debating dropping $$$ on an Odyssey for my tan Jeep now.  They seem to be what Optima was before JC bought them out and sent production to mexico.  On the other hand, I wonder if I'm not better off just buying a Deka locally so that if I have problems it would be easier to exchange it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

You kind of bring that on yourself Bas.

I have discovered that large people get so used to using their braun to solve their problems that they forget how to use their brains.

He’s the type of guy that will sit in a room full of women and start saying how irrational and stupid he thinks women are.  

He is very handy to have around when you need something heavy moved though LOL

ha.... i would now...in my younger days i would be taking one home, then had the numbers to the other women for the rest of the week....

these days i dont use my brawn or my brain...😆

• Like 1

Update: Cylinder going to be ready today. Going to be a exciting weekend!

Edited by freebo86
  • Like 5

Enjoy!

Be sure to lap in your valves and check it with fluid on the backside. I think some thin fluid shade said to use. Fill up port and see if it leaks out prior to bolting it on. I used gas and brake cleaner if I recall. 

• Like 1