scorpion316

Top End Rebuild question

I am rebuilding the top end of my 1991 Fourtrax 4x4 and I found the piston rebuild kit, but I am pretty confident I need to replace my valve seals/valves and I can't find a kit or any of that stuff anywhere! I have the bike all apart right now, but need this to finish the rebuild. Does anyone have some good sites to track this down or do I need to try and go into a dealer and see if they can get me something ordered?

Welcome aboard!

Not sure if your quad is a trx300fwa or trx300fwan. But i use rockymountain for oem parts all the time. They ship fast! And prices are good. You will have to go to the cam shaft catagory for the valves. Not in cylinder head for some odd reason?

(Heres the link)

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts/HONDA

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scorpion316 said:

Your awesome and I am stupid 🙎‍♂️

Hay now! We all learn from time to time! Im glad i could help!

Now stupid is putting the valves in the cam shaft section and not on the cylinder head.......where they are at! LoL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

I appreciate it! I have done several other engine things, but not valves before.

50 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Do you know if when I put the head, cylinder, etc. back together, do I need to put a locker on the bolts?

18 minutes ago, scorpion316 said:

Do you know if when I put the head, cylinder, etc. back together, do I need to put a locker on the bolts?

What do you mean by a locker ?  Lock-Tite ?  >>>   if so  then no 

5 hours ago, scorpion316 said:

Yeah no loctite on head bolts. They do have to be torqued properly and a new head gasket used.

• Like 2

over time, through the years ( 30 of them now ) i learned a long time ago, all oem parts for honda atvs will NOT be listed where you think they should be ?..they will be listed in other area's.

• Like 1