Hello,  haven't played with ATV'S since I was a kid and just picked up my first atv last month for $900. (05 Honda 300ex)  Hd to do an little exhaust work, clean up the electrical and rebuild the carb. The piece that the idle screw sets on inside the carb broke off and it wouldn't idle.  Runs great now and having fun learning!

Welcome to the forum Brandon ... here is a pic of a 2005 TRX300EX carb , do you see the broken piece you are talking about in the pic ?

2005 300ex carb .png

It was the piece here where the idle screw rests. I ended up getting a used carb online for like $30 that needed rebuilt and just used the parts out of it. Had to replace both parts that were connected and have springs on them. (Bell Crank?) Idk what they were called lol.

20191209_072302.jpg

I was thinking that you were talking about  part of the carb's body , glad you making headway 

Welcome to the forum.  The sport section is pretty blank so don't be afraid of posting anything. 

welcome brandon, your in great hands here, we got some very smart sport atv riders here for sure, slammedranger, mr-quick if he's here ?..lol.