A&M OFFROAD

400ex black & white smoke

Pipe looks like a copy of a big gun evo slip-on and header looks factory to me? It has the stock heat shield and everything? Doesnt seem to address the issue of the two pipes coming off the head being different lengths. All the big manufacturers fix that problem and it makes the quad run alot smoother since it is able to move exhaust evenly out of each valve.

It might be a copy, I don't know enough about exhausts to know. And I need a new header cause my mounting plates are bent like a mofo. Not sure how or why but they are

1 minute ago, A&M OFFROAD said:

It might be a copy, I don't know enough about exhausts to know. And I need a new header cause my mounting plates are bent like a mofo. Not sure how or why but they are

Someone didnt use new header gaskets and cranked them down as tight as they could go. New copper crush gaskets should be used everytime the header is removed. And the old ones need to be removed aswell. Which most of the time with all the black carbon on them blend in and arent seen.

• Like 1

Yea I didn't know this untill about a week ago and realized that those copper washers were for that. But when I first tore down my engine I could barely get the mounts back on. I had to hammer them on to even get enough threads showing to start the nuts. I need new studs and a new header. But I don't have tons of money either 😂

1 minute ago, A&M OFFROAD said:

Yea I didn't know this untill about a week ago and realized that those copper washers were for that. But when I first tore down my engine I could barely get the mounts back on. I had to hammer them on to even get enough threads showing to start the nuts. I need new studs and a new header. But I don't have tons of money either 😂

One piece of advice. Dont buy any aftermarket header unless you buy the full system. Most manufacturers use a different size pipe and the slip-on they sell that bolts to your factory header will not work. I know for sure hmf is like this. Also when i say its a copy doesnt mean its a bad thing. Almost all things sold for the 400ex are a copy of something. Its rare you find a place building something entirely themselves from scratch.

Well I might end up buying it from them only because it's so cheap, unless I can find a parts bike somewhere around me. Which I've been waiting to do anyway just to have spare stuff. But they even have a discount code for 8% off and it comes to 275 before shipping but I thought about emailing them and seeing if they would discount it further and I could do an honest review of the product for them since I can't find any reviews 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, A&M OFFROAD said:

That looks like so much fun

Oh yeah buddy! Its a blast! But my 30 year old body doesnt bounce like it did when i was 13 lol. I actually got my oma license last year planned to hit a few races. Nothing ever came of it. Didnt have time and with covid screwing everything up it ended up being a 50 dollar donation. Kinda sucks cuz im figuring that was kinda my last year to make an attempt at racing. I'll just stick to the fair race if the county fairs ever re-open.

• Like 1

I just started riding last year and I'm 26 so I don't plan on doing any races, I have a few friends that have been riding since 10 years old and just can whoop me on some trails but I'm still very new and maybe only have 50 hours of actual riding experience. Maybe one day of the fairs open back up and we have one near me I'll try it lol

• Like 1

Dont let age or experiance scare you bud! Its all about having fun! Nothing more nothing less. Just know that it is dangerous. And the person next to you may be more willing to hurt themselves or you to win! Some people are wired that way. And you will never know if you are until you try it. I cant honestly explain the feeling i get when ripping around a track. Its so calm and out of control yet still somehow in control. Racing/riding has tried to take my life a few times. But i love it and will never quit riding.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2021 at 5:56 PM, SlammedRanger said:

Dont let age or experiance scare you bud! Its all about having fun! Nothing more nothing less. Just know that it is dangerous. And the person next to you may be more willing to hurt themselves or you to win! Some people are wired that way. And you will never know if you are until you try it. I cant honestly explain the feeling i get when ripping around a track. Its so calm and out of control yet still somehow in control. Racing/riding has tried to take my life a few times. But i love it and will never quit riding.

Man I havent been here in for ever! I see you're still beating up on that poor carb.  The best advice I can tell you is ditch it and buy a Lectron. Tell them your exact engine specs and they will Taylor your carb to your engine perfectly! And not Jets!!

12 hours ago, TRX2FiveO said:

Haha long time no see!!

Welcome back , mentioned TRX2Five0  just a couple of day ago , not having seen you for a while 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Welcome back , mentioned TRX2Five0  just a couple of day ago , not having seen you for a while 

Been busy busy....  we finally moved into our new house. Our grandson has been keeping us on our toes. 15 months old and a ball of fire. 

• Like 3