ChadD

400ex oiling issue

So i just got done swapping the cam from the ebay P.O.S cam back to the factory cam. Fired right up. Still have some finishing touches on the carb but definately going in the right direction now. Thanks a bunch guys. Stay tuned to see if the oiling issue is resolved. 

• Like 4

And on the camshaft, the ebay special I can hold the cam in one hand and spin the part with the tabs for the timing gear with the other. So yeah big waste of $40. Everybody needs to avoid those.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ChadD said:

Oh yeah, special thanks to @Wheeler and @SlammedRanger for all the help. 

Very impressed with the quick and useful help these guys gave you. Inspiring. Glad I joined this site.

• Like 3

@Tim-ANC I sent them an email telling them what happened to their crap, however I had already given positive feedback due to waiting on other parts. So I guess we will see.

Think they should honor. I don't think the positive feed back as anything to do with it. Could still be positive for handling your return appropriately. If not, let us know the seller. I use ebay a lot and would like to know who the dirt bags are.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tim-ANC said:

Very impressed with the quick and useful help these guys gave you. Inspiring. Glad I joined this site.

This is the exact reason were here! And were greatful too everyone that followed us over to our new home!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ChadD said:

I sent them an email telling them what happened to their crap, however I had already given positive feedback due to waiting on other parts. So I guess we will see.

You can file a claim with eBay and get your money back. When you file your claim they ask you to choose a reason, choose "Item not as described" from the list. You'll get a refund either the same day or after waiting a few days if the seller drags his feet.

Glad ya got it going!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, jeepwm69 said:

@oh400ex you have any ideas?

Been really busy lately and haven't been checking in but I can 100% tell you I would have not said the cam wasn't spinning.

Really odd issue... I can see why you were ready to burn it lol

Great work getting it figured out!

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 8:19 AM, oh400ex said:

Been really busy lately and haven't been checking in but I can 100% tell you I would have not said the cam wasn't spinning.

Really odd issue... I can see why you were ready to burn it lol

Great work getting it figured out!

@oh400ex ty.

• Like 1