Wheeler

Foam Cannon, Where Have U Been ALL My Life??

Funny thing... at the car wash I always use their tire & engine foam on the outside of my vehicles to totally dissolve the dirt. Works AMAZING...

I have recently gave my Rigid Pressure washer a good tune up & new fittings, new pump going on... & I was thinking... how & why products foam like the car wash... my mind has officially been blown! I never heard of these Foam Canons before today. I see Chemical brothers make an awesome foam for them as well. Even the cheap Amazon rigs seem to work fantastic. Let me tell u, I’ll be picking one of these bad boys up!! Anyone else use them? 

B0E74393-775C-4BF7-8A58-E25AFA36AF7B.png

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

I use one, It works wonderfully. I personally use simple green diluted in mine. It foams up and cuts the mud off easily.

• Like 1

Good to know as I can get Simple Green locally unlike chemical brothers. 

• Like 1

You can get them from Hotsy in Calgary,  when your there get yourself a pail of carbonate to use in it, breakthrough is stronger also.

• Like 1

Wow.. I’ve been back on YouTube this am.. I’m gonna get an Amazon cannon with gun, & already changing it before I even get it. Watched how to mod them to make more foam. Gonna order A 1.1mm nozzle as well. I have a plan on what to use/mix for soap too!!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

Just placed the order! Need to make sure the ole 300 just shines after rides! Lol!

6FE9229F-5E3F-45E6-9DB9-CD6F92F1855D.png

C3C36C9E-B759-43BF-9D5E-E98004CBBEB1.png

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

So you just hook that to your pressure washer and foam away?

ya u mix roughly 3oz foam soap mix to the rest water & foam away. I have a special blend/mix I’ll try this spring once it’s warm enough to get the pressure washer out!

• Like 1

I know you're cutting down the simple green but don't let that dry on aluminium. It will etch it. They do make aircraft safe simple green if you don't want to take the chance. 30 year aircraft tech

• Like 3

I never read that about simple green. Good to know. I want to add a lil bit of Super Clean & or ZEP Industrial Citrus in with the foam soap. 

43 minutes ago, rustynut2 said:

Maybe nobody here, lol

I use simple green in my ultrasonic cleaner and if I get a little careless with my mixture the carbs come out a nice dark gray but clean.. lol

• Like 3

Well, for those that know me in here, I always ago all out! Upon further research/learning on these foam cannons I have discovered that city water, which contains lots of chlorine ect will reduce the amount of foam. So I am now installing a water filter with Carbon filter to eliminate those issues. I really should have done this when I bought the house 6 years ago. This also will eliminate all water spots on vehicles. So I now have the new nozzle installed & filter will be complete this week end. I can’t wait to wash everything I own hahaha. My camper, vehicles, quad, house ect. Need to wait for the spring now....

• Like 4

No more water spots & more foam!!! 

Water tastes soo much better too! 

20E1BA18-53BA-4A7A-A6C8-DCD2D5012DDE.jpeg

• Like 6

Learning curve... I didn’t have enough soap I don’t think. OR.. the soap I used isn’t the best choice. I’ll try them all.. quad is next. Found it wierd.. my Subaru engine all tuned up & seemed down in power while spraying foam.. all good when just water though..

quad is NEXT..

image.jpg

image.jpg

C5F5F212-13AB-4BB4-B322-D68968039A7E.jpeg

• Like 2

I never touched it with a brush just to see how it was going to do... actually very impressed with how clean it actually turned out...

OK.  That looks like too much fun to not have one.  Amazon sez it will be here Wednesday.   Some reviews say dish soap works well.  Anyone tried that yet?

• Haha 1