Wheeler

Foam Cannon, Where Have U Been ALL My Life??

19 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

OK.  That looks like too much fun to not have one.  Amazon sez it will be here Wednesday.   Some reviews say dish soap works well.  Anyone tried that yet?

Dish soap will strip all the wax off of your vehicle and may damage the paint.

• Like 1

Give carbonate a try wheeler, you can get it from hotsy in either Calgary or Edmonton, it comes in a 5 gal pail, should be under 100 bucks, it will clean the mud out of the bedliner also. Great for bugs on the windshield in summer also.

• Like 2

might even work on that bed liner coated bumper. on that matter for everything on that the 300 that you've coated with bed liner coating. 

On 3/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, Scotticus said:

Dish soap will strip all the wax off of your vehicle and may damage the paint.

I'm looking for something to use on the 4wheelers.   The cars get car wash soap only.  

my electric pressure washer came with a foamer unit..might not be as good as this one...not sure..but for my purposes it does a good job .. I didn't know about the simply green... and yes, I've used it and purple on my honda and golf cart...not that there's any chrome on the fourtrax, but there is on my cart...but foam, soak, rag hand clean and rinse...and this time of year, they don't even get that...we are so wet n muddy...a single trip out back to check on trail cams will leave us totally covered.

I used some Turtle Wax soap mixed around 1 part soap to 5 parts water and did this:

20210308_112723.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I used some Turtle Wax soap mixed around 1 part soap to 5 parts water and did this:

20210308_112723.jpg

Is that ice/snow , or do you'll hash cars inside ??? LOL 

I wash this one in the garage.   The Element gets a natural acid rain wash and a trip down the interstate for the high speed dry.

• Like 1

I had one of those Mr Clean car wash set ups , it is a spray nozzle that will inject the special soap , then rinse regular water , then rinse going thru a filter set which takes something out of the water , so it dries up clean  and you don't need to dry it by hand and no water spots , it worked great , but always having to buy supplies , so I gave it to a friend who has a dark blue  Vet 

6 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

I wash this one in the garage.   The Element gets a natural acid rain wash and a trip down the interstate for the high speed dry.

i just use a leaf blower, after the jeep gets a bath, i do the same with the bikes after a bath, do you use anything for windshield treatment ? rain-x, or ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i just use a leaf blower, after the jeep gets a bath, i do the same with the bikes after a bath, do you use anything for windshield treatment ? rain-x, or ? 

I use a leaf blower too.  Both vehicles use rainx washer fluid.  Works better on the Element with the more upright windshield than the Abarth. 

For the bike not car I’ve used pledge after a wash but if you haven’t tried maxima sc1 give it a try.  Good stuff. 

• Like 2

hm..... pledge, never thought of that, wheeler i think started using sc1 ? , i know some guys who use wd-40 ... just on the plastics to help mud slide off, and some sprey the complete bike running gear wheels, i meen everything, but using it on the seat is a bad idea. 

• Like 1

Pledge or even the dollar store brand works great.   Plastics fade and the black parts turn grey.  But a bit of pledge or even better sc1 and bobs your uncle, did I get that right lol

• Like 1

Oh and with the new bike I hit the frame and engine with acf50, oh my..... don’t get it on the wheels

good info, i have to be careful what i use on the project 300, plasti-dip wheels ... they look great but any petroleum product will mess the Finnish up. wd-40 will flat more melt it away, and the original oem import magnesium paint is hard to find, and super expensive, if one can, i have yet to find a rattle can of it, and the custom paint shop here, ----- well it's not worth the cost to have it custom mixed. 

I tried Pledge. It SUCKS. Compared to SC-1 NO comparison!!!

11 hours ago, Wheeler said:

I tried Pledge. It SUCKS. Compared to SC-1 NO comparison!!!

I agree. But the Mrs. probably has some you can borrow 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, rustynut2 said:

I’m an anal ! and like a clean bike. Try the pledge, then maybe the sc1

i gave pledge a try on a blind spot, can't use it on plasti-dip, but it's a good suggestion, next will be sc1 for now, i just use bleech white tire acid, and sponge lol! besides, that bike never sees mud or water now. 

20 hours ago, rustynut2 said:

I’m an anal ! and like a clean bike. Try the pledge, then maybe the sc1

My bikes usually get a wash when we play in the river....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i also use this, it's a mild acid, works like bleech wite, but a stronger acid, this works on everything rubber chrome, plastics, leather, glass, aluminum, etc, very populat with Harley riders. suppose to be a wet or dry cleaner, I've never tried it dry, i always rinsed the bike off. does a real good job. 

image.jpg

I add the soap straight and adjust with the meter. Does yours have an adjustable know on it?

• Like 2