ChadD

400ex ebay camshaft

For anybody that has read my post about my 400ex rebuild issues, the ebay sellers name is motor-dream. Because it was Nov 18 when I got the camshaft they are willing to do nothing about it. I tried to explain about how building a motor works sometimes and you have to wait on parts or your working and can't work on the project with out any luck. So of you are looking in eBay for parts avoid the seller motor-dream. That is all.

• Thanks 3

And you're right. They should understand rebuilds take time for the reasons you mentioned. 

Perhaps giving them the link to your thread will convince them. Proof that you didn't run the snot out of that motor since you got the cam.

Sadly bud there are very few places out there that would warranty such a thing. Its a fact of life. Chock up the 40 dollar loss and use it as a cool looking paper weight. I have more than a few china coils and other things being used for the same. If you went through my build thread you know i have a 500+ dollar paper weight piston lol. Luckily that place made it right! But im telling you i had to read the email 5 times and have others read it to be sure i wasnt dreaming and it was saying what i was reading. I also didnt believe it until there was a replacement piston in my hand. At that point i had to be sure it wasnt a dream and pinched myself a few times! Sad but its the world we live in!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@SlammedRanger @Tim-ANC it's sad due to way everyone works these days that doing what is right has been replaced with greed. I honestly did not expect them to make it right. Everybody seems to forget that at the end of a forum or email is an actual person that invested in your product. And yes I'm thankful that it was a $42 knock off camshaft and not a $500 piston. I knew better but tried it anyway. Sometimes that gamble works out and sometimes you get bit. Just remember avoid the seller motor-dream. Lol.

• Like 2

I agree @ChadD sometimes u win some, & sometimes u loose some.. been there got the T-Shirt myself!

Did eBay deny your claim? Then ya may as well leave the seller a negative feedback and watch it until eBay deletes it.... then call them and complain about their fraudulent practice and demand your money back! You'll win eventually! If you paid with Paypal you should file a claim with them too!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, retro said:

Did eBay deny your claim? Then ya may as well leave the seller a negative feedback and watch it until eBay deletes it.... then call them and complain about their fraudulent practice and demand your money back! You'll win eventually! If you paid with Paypal you should file a claim with them too!

Im pretty sure it's been too long to do much of anything. It was Nov. 18 when it was delivered to me.

You have 180 days to file a claim. That is Paypal and eBay "buyer protection" policy. Keep at 'em, you'll get your money back!

• Like 2