F250 guy

Push mower choice.

3 hours ago, texas123 said:

Oh yes, the bodies are quite thick, anodized gray and considerably larger than the steel models.

The wheel adjustment did seem like a poor design, but It was steel.

I never washed the underside of my mower; I like to keep things dry & dirt isn't corrosive.

My Snapper had a single lever to adjust the height, which is what I liked when I bought it at Sears in 2008. It was identical to the John Deere mowers, other than the color. I'll take another look at it, but if it doesn't function better than my Snapper, I won't get it. Don't like being a test dummy. Oh, and Home Depot is really pushing Ryobi battery mowers; maybe 60% were electric now. Wonder if they own Ryobi now?

well washing the underside won't hurt a thing, because after the wash just e gauge the blades, and dry the deck, it beats having that caked on dirt / mud,and grass clipping on, because over time there's an acid that forms, thats what eats the deck, plus the build up can hamper the the efficiently of the blades, as for batteries ? i use the same type atv battery my bikes have, never had an issue. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, texas123 said:

Oh, and Home Depot is really pushing Ryobi battery mowers; maybe 60% were electric now. Wonder if they own Ryobi now?

Home Depot does sell Ryobi and Lowe’s dewalt. I seen all the electric models they are pushing now days.  Must be part of the green new deal b.s. Lot of good an electric does when you got 2 acres to cut.  

• Like 2

oh the next thing will be solar charged mowers, lol..... logo... mow while your on the go... there's no way those will ever last as long as a conventional internal combustion powered mower will, not a chance! but that's what they want now .... disposable mowers etc etc etc .... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Haha 1

too bad it can't be cows, then you can make money, or have beef, and meat, in stead paying for junk,  and goats could do the trimming.... you'd never have to fertilize .... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

too bad it can't be cows, then you can make money, or have beef, and meat, in stead paying for junk,  and goats could do the trimming.... you'd never have to fertilize .... 

Sure I must have mentioned , I was a goat herder once , never again  , destructive critters , had the Flintstone theme going on , BamBam was the alpha goat , if he were here right now I'd kick him in his butt , his name should have been Rock Head ----  they will eat your grass and your fence polls too and any thing else in their way 

• Like 2

oh yeah, i recall that one.... lol!  but still as destructive as they were, i bet they sure would do a better job then a battery powered mower, oh i dont know if you ever knew this , but a billy sure has a very distinctive scent...... 

14 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Can't have cows; President Biden suggests we eat less red meat to reduce the methane cows emit. I guess methane depletes the ozone layer? He recommends we eat "about 4 pounds a year".

burger.jpg

uh hu, well >he< is full of more hot air and gas then the cows are, lol! and he can KMA ! I'll eat as much red meat as i wish. but he's MORE then welcome to come and try and pry the fork out of mouth, cause he's going to kind of silly with my size 10 boot shoved where his mommy use to stick the thermometer haha! 

• Like 1

I'm just keeping my Snapper mower. You can't beat the single lever adjustment since I need to raise and lower it twice per use. Also, the Briggs engine is top notch. So, I just spent $40 to get it up to speed. Should last a few more years easily.

My step father was laughing at me for changing the engine oil, air filter, spark plug, drive belt and blade. He takes pride in the fact that he never does any maintenance to his riding mower and it's never given him issues. I guess the never change oil thing is marketed towards people like that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, texas123 said:

He takes pride in the fact that he never does any maintenance to his riding mower and it's never given him issues. I guess the never change oil thing is marketed towards people like that.

i reckon he'll learn the hard way....... you ignor those requirements long enough, and THEY WILL come back and bite you..... lol! 

Edited by _Wilson_™