CamKnouff

Driveway alarm?

Was wondering if there are some recommendations for driveway alarms.  I do not have cell service where I live (yes, I know hard to believe) so, no to the phone notification ones.  The dog works well, but when inside he doesn't hear a thing or thinks he's off duty.

I'm in the exact same boat, I can't find one with distance,  without running a wire...

Chamberlain is the brand I have , it is at least 100ft from my receiver to the sensor an it will go farther if needed $56 and can be added on to with more sensors 

Features

• Transmits signal to base station up to a half - mile away
  • Detects motion up to 30 feet away with wide 120 degree coverage
  • Adjustable sensitivity controls help prevent false alerts
  • Wireless, weatherproof design makes it portable for use inside or out
  • Easy to install, use, and maintain
  • Requires four AA batteries
  • Mounting bracket included

image.png

• Like 3

i use radio audio transmitters transmits up 980 feet solar powered with a battery backup, transmits back to a radio in my house, or my handy  talkie baofeng radio. also have one in my shop... one is set at 87.5 , the other 65.0 MHz it's just audio only, but works really good. i have been on the back side of my place (a half mile away) and can hear everything going on at my house. cze-t200 transmitter 

its not an alarm it transmits audio continuously, which can be a draw back, but the plus side out weigh the minus IMO. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

We have two of these, one outside our home and the other at our farm in MN. Inexpensive and wasn't sure what to expect but works great! Battery operated and just changed batteries after 1 year of use. Audible chime, alarm or just a flashing light. Two outdoor sensors and the indoor receiver. I have one by our rear garage that has alerted me to some mischief and I caught someone trying to break in so it already payed for itself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2Y1BTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RP6PKWN9981BAMYWGSCV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot_20210202-060406_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Akunin said:

We have two of these, one outside our home and the other at our farm in MN. Inexpensive and wasn't sure what to expect but works great! Battery operated and just changed batteries after 1 year of use. Audible chime, alarm or just a flashing light. Two outdoor sensors and the indoor receiver. I have one by our rear garage that has alerted me to some mischief and I caught someone trying to break in so it already payed for itself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q2Y1BTQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_RP6PKWN9981BAMYWGSCV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot_20210202-060406_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I had one like that at first , the range is very short , wouldn't work on my drive 

Harbor Fright alarms do have very limited distance.  They will go 50 yds line of sight easy.   Rural King alarms aren't frequency specific and do 50 yards through 9" thick logs and two interior walls.  Trouble with the RK brand is if you have multiple transmitters set up you can't tell which one is seeing something. 

Also if you use these cheapies, cover them with something to keep the rain out.  Inverted plastic coffee can with a section cut out of the side for a window works for mine.

I had oh400EX recommend some Wyze cameras after my Outlaws disappeared from behind my shop.  I have had a couple running for awhile now, and have some of the new Version 3's on the way. 

Problem I have is dogs/cats/critters will set off any motion detecting cameras/sensors/lights, and I have an abundance of critters around. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Chamberlain is the brand I have , it is at least 100ft from my receiver to the sensor an it will go farther if needed $56 and can be added on to with more sensors 

Features

• Transmits signal to base station up to a half - mile away
  • Detects motion up to 30 feet away with wide 120 degree coverage
  • Adjustable sensitivity controls help prevent false alerts
  • Wireless, weatherproof design makes it portable for use inside or out
  • Easy to install, use, and maintain
  • Requires four AA batteries
  • Mounting bracket included

image.png

Thanks ordered, up here in Can$. 110.23 with tax.  

Wow , a lot more money  in Canada , was $56 with free shipping  , plus a little tax now days , so about $60 ----- I think you are going to like it ---- you can add sensors , they are sold separate here for $29.99 each , they all go to the same base station , but have a different tone , so you can tell which zone was triggered ----- the base is on my desk and I can hear it any where in the house --- it lasted about 2 years on 4 AA batteries 

• Like 2