Jemmons467

Me again, thoughts on this tire

These are for sale for $50, only a pair and one has 3 plugs in it as seen in the picture. What are everyone's thoughts on them, do you think an internal patch would work or an inner tube? Or do you think that cut is to big? 

00e0e_aZhDa3kX6qfz_0x20oM_600x450.jpg

That one is ready for the recycler grinder.

• Like 2

It’s a shame that tire is cut as it looks like it had very little wear on it. I would pass on that. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't for a pair.  I had a 26x9.5 Vampire that was new, and had a big gash like that in it.  That said, it was free.  I plugged it (several plugs in a line, like pictured) and it's been fine for a couple of years. 

Those are kinda crappy tires to begin with, so I'd keep looking.

Yah I messaged the guy and he said he put an internal patch on in so he's keeping them. Thank you for the insight though.

I actually got a set of those Mud Lite XL's in trade.  They pull ok, and have deep lugs on them, but I'm a MudBug guy, so I got rid of the ML XL's.

I believe it was @Mac102004 that said the lugs can separate from the tire on those XL's, so I didn't keep the ones I picked up in trade.

They weren't bad, just weren't great either.

I'll have to check out the mud bugs, I know you have talked about them before, and I think one other person as well.

2 hours ago, Jemmons467 said:

I'll have to check out the mud bugs, I know you have talked about them before, and I think one other person as well.

@Mac102004and @toodeeptalked me into trying them.

I’m running them on 5 different machines now. 

Two of my buddies got them after trying mine too

• Like 2

Those Mud Lites look pretty similar to literally EVERY Mud Lite XL i've ever come in contact with. Plugs and patches everywhere. Wait until they get about half worn and start tearing the tips of the V's off the lugs. Terrible tires. Just don't hold up. The Mud Lite AT seems to be a bit more robust, but they are about as good as stock tires.....

Mud Bugs are where it's at, I've ran at least one set of every size between 25-28" over the years on different machines. Currently running 25's on a 350 Rancher, and 28's on my 2015 Rubicant. I ran 27's on a 450 Foreman for awhile that was a good setup.

• Like 2