m_quick

2014 Rancher Price?

21 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

$5,400 for  2014 rancher 420 es ? I'd say over priced, IMO. 

It's only a SRA rear end over priced

Edited by Melatv
  • Like 5

A new Rancher 4X4 footshift had a MSRP of $6499 plus $400 dealer prep fee in 2020 when I bought mine.  I paid $6200 OTD.

It;s so clean and low hours! What would a good offering price be then?

@_Wilson_™

I haven't made contact with seller. They do have a sxs listed that says firm. I was looking for feedback here before making contact with seller.  What is it that you see wrong with it? I may look into new like, @Scotticusmentioned. Seams the 20201's are still msrp at $6499 with manual shift. Which from what I've read here, is the way to go.

• Like 1

oh okay the front end has a slight bash it's in the pic above .. just looks like a cracked  plastic part just below the grill / honda logo, if i was going for a newer bike it would foot shift only! i don't know what to advise price wise on that one, sure is not worth 5400 hundred, and he wouldn't like what I'd offer, lol! 

47 minutes ago, m_quick said:

Which from what I've read here, is the way to go.

i agree ^^^

i figured you might also be looking for another honda sport quad. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

This is JD power book value  

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$7,099
$3,900
$5,130
Options (Add)

Total Price
$7,099
$3,900
$5,130

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

happen to have a link ? 

Can't get the link to the website to open for me 

Why have a Honda ES that nobody can ride? No more worrying with this issue, Order an ES Bolt on Foot or Hand Shifter from us TODAY!

• Like 1

the link didnt even show for me, just the information in the pic 2020 420 4x4  foot shift,  6600 hundred in wasilla .. with somewhat of a phone number..i wanted to see what else the seller had. no need for me to contact him being he's that far away, lol! 

Sorry, went to look for the CL post again and it's gone. Called the seller and he sold it already. Must have been a smokin deal. Note, things are usually more expensive here.

9 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh okay the front end has a slight bash it's in the pic above .. just looks like a cracked  plastic part just below the grill / honda logo, if i was going for a newer bike it would foot shift only! i don't know what to advise price wise on that one, sure is not worth 5400 hundred, and he wouldn't like what I'd offer, lol! 

i agree ^^^

i figured you might also be looking for another honda sport quad. 

okay i see the spot now! As far as sport quad, I still have the one, so I was thinking something easier for other to ride. My wife want fully automatic, and Idk about polaris or can-am. Maybe a KFX 700?

• Like 1

oh okay, i didn't know you had another sport model, in your case, I'd go with a es model, happy wife happy life, lol, i sure wouldn't mess with a Polaris..... I'm not sure on the can ams, you might ask freedomflyer ... he's the only one (i know of here) who has one now, Mac (i think used to)  used to run a few. 

Agree on Polaris. I own two and they are maintenance hogs. Square tube frames, thin metal on pivot points that cause the holes to oval out. Belt drive. Smooth operation but I'm against the whole rubber band drive concept. Since I've been converted to the church of Honda, these machines will get phased out.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Scotticus said:

This is JD power book value  

Suggested
List Price
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
Base Price
$7,099
$3,900
$5,130
Options (Add)

Total Price
$7,099
$3,900
$5,130

This seems to indicate he's in the right stratosphere...but I think I'd offer 4500 if you're looking. Then do all of the things these guys say to keep the transmission alive!

I bought a 2017 Rubicon for $5,000 last year.  He was asking $5,000 and I didn't try to haggle with him.  lt had 34 miles, 10 hrs. on it and was in new condition.  It came with the light, winch, bags and a full OEM skid plate.  I think I got very lucky.  Here's the link with pictures from when I bought it.

New Guy From Ky. - New Member Intro - ATV Honda

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RubiDan said:

I bought a 2017 Rubicon for $5,000 last year.  He was asking $5,000 and I didn't try to haggle with him.  lt had 34 miles, 10 hrs. on it and was in new condition.  It came with the light, winch, bags and a full OEM skid plate.  I think I got very lucky.  Here's the link with pictures from when I bought it.

New Guy From Ky. - New Member Intro - ATV Honda

Heck of a deal RubiDan. I have the same machine in a '15. I love mine and would get the same one all over again. Got about 3500 miles on it now and would have more if I didn't have to take a medical time out for a while.

• Like 1

When I bought my 2013 420 Rancher 4years ago,it had 55 miles on it,I think 10 hours,I paid $4200.00. I felt I got a good deal. 

Edited by tooomuch7

2 hours ago, PROV said:

Heck of a deal RubiDan. I have the same machine in a '15. I love mine and would get the same one all over again. Got about 3500 miles on it now and would have more if I didn't have to take a medical time out for a while.

I doubt if I'll ever get 3,500 miles on mine but might if I had a good place nearby to ride.  My granddaughter has probably put more miles on mine than I have.  I don't have any regrets with buying the one that I did.  I hope you got over your medical condition and are back to putting miles back on the Rubicon.

Good deals are out there if a person is patient and keeps looking.  I went through a lot of listings before I found mine.  You have to jump on them as soon as they're listed and you still might be too late.  I know I was a few times but this one turned out to be the best deal of all.

My 17 rubi just ran past the 5000 km mark, I put more miles on in the winter than in the summer, you can cover more ground on groomed trails.....

Just over 400hrs on the engine

Edited by TBRider

50 minutes ago, RubiDan said:

I doubt if I'll ever get 3,500 miles on mine but might if I had a good place nearby to ride.  My granddaughter has probably put more miles on mine than I have.  I don't have any regrets with buying the one that I did.  I hope you got over your medical condition and are back to putting miles back on the Rubicon.

Good deals are out there if a person is patient and keeps looking.  I went through a lot of listings before I found mine.  You have to jump on them as soon as they're listed and you still might be too late.  I know I was a few times but this one turned out to be the best deal of all.

Medical under control and riding again. Gotta baby my neck now.

• Like 2