m_quick

2014 Rancher Price?

On 2/5/2021 at 6:19 PM, Scotticus said:

A new Rancher 4X4 footshift had a MSRP of $6499 plus $400 dealer prep fee in 2020 when I bought mine.  I paid $6200 OTD.

Well they certainly aren't making deals like that here. At least the one dealer isn't, they quoted me (see below) I didn't even reply. I asked for best cash price otd, 

Selling Price

$                   6,499.00

Destination Fee

$                      400.00

Prep and Assembly

$                                -  

Accessories Total

Accessories Installation

$                                -  

Doc Fee

$                      199.00

Sales Tax

$                      532.35

7.50%

Title Fee

$                         15.00

Temp Tag

Rebate

$                                -  

TOTAL PRICE

$                   7,645.35

On 2/6/2021 at 9:03 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

oh okay, i didn't know you had another sport model, in your case, I'd go with a es model, happy wife happy life, lol, i sure wouldn't mess with a Polaris..... I'm not sure on the can ams, you might ask freedomflyer ... he's the only one (i know of here) who has one now, Mac (i think used to)  used to run a few. 

Yes I still have my OG trx700xx, that i purchased new. I've been looking at used and trying to get prices on new. A lot of the used I see, have over 3k miles on them, including some 2019 models! Today  I seen this seller relisted the quad for $5200, so I messaged them, asking if they would take 4k. They said no, and that they all ready turned down $4700!

Still up in the air on all this. After loosing my quad, it's left a pit in my stomach. And seeing how much people are getting for used quads, I'm thinking about just selling my other 700xx and taking a break. I'd really like to get something for around 5-6K but I don't want to pay that much for something with 3-4k miles on it, or 7-10 yrs old! ! I only paid $2500 for my last quad, and around $6200 for the new 700xx.  

Edited by m_quick

Well it is a Honda so resale value is higher, but in my opinion it's still a lil overpriced. They said they turned down $4700 already, which is more in the ballpark of what I would think of paying. There's great deals to be had out there, just a matter of when they pop up. New 2021 4x4 ES Ranchers are listing for a shade over $7k here and I think Honda is doing a 0% interest deal right now iirc. I don't know but if the market is anything like with bass boats, or boats in general, the insanely higher prices of new ones is driving up the price of all the used ones it seems like.

If you're patient and look often you'll probably find one for a good price sooner or later.  I think it took me about 6 months to find mine but it was worth the wait.  I'm retired and I was able to search several times a day so that helped.  I found other deals that were good but they either weren't what I wanted or they were sold before I got to them.

I was open to buying a new one but when the chinese virus hit nobody had what I wanted for a good deal.  I've heard that Honda East Toledo had good deals but if their inventory isn't built back up they may want list price.

I hope you get one that you want for a good price.  

18 hours ago, m_quick said:

Well they certainly aren't making deals like that here. At least the one dealer isn't, they quoted me (see below) I didn't even reply. I asked for best cash price otd, 

When I bought mine last February I got email quotes from just about every Honda dealer within a 150 mile radius.  I believe the dealer who gave me the best price was in the Cleveland area (I'm in PGH area). I then printed the email and took to my local dealer and said I'm buying this quad.  Can you compete with this price?  They sold me the ATV for the same price. Sales tax in PA is 6% not 7.5% so they did get that 1.5% but I got the best possible price.  I dont know if COVID is affecting deals now.  I bought mine just before COVID.  Good luck.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, m_quick said:

I'm thinking about just selling my other 700xx and taking a break. I'd really like to get something for around 5-6K but I don't want to pay that much for something with 3-4k miles on it, or 7-10 yrs old! ! I only paid $2500 for my last quad, and around $6200 for the new 700xx.  

yeah i recall how bothered you were, i would have blown a gasket ... but before you get rid of the other one, i would do more looking 1st   

besides you purchased it brand new, so you know the history of it. 

• Like 1