Subseasteve

Not getting fuel

Quad is a 420trx has been running perfectly, went to start this morning and just kept turning over wouldn't run.

Changed the spark plug, had the fuel pump.out and cleaned it, checked the motor was running when given power. Checked the fuel supply switch was clear with no obstructions. Reinstalled fuel pump and was getting fuel to it but wasn't getting fuel out of the high pressure line. 

Any suggestions? 

I have ordered a new relay csn anyone point me in the direction to wher the relay is located?

Thanks in advance for any help 

Run a jumper wire from battery + to red/black coil wire.  That will bypass the fuel injection relay and bank angle sensor, among other things. 

You might have a bad fuel pump.  They tend to just seize up randomly, especially if you use ethanol gas.  The aftermarket pumps are JUNK, so if you do need to replace the pump, get an OEM pump.

If that jumper doesn't work, shoot a shot of starter fluid in the intake and make sure it fires. 

If it fires with starter fluid, then you're to the point where you remove the injector and see if you have fuel pumping to that point. If you don't, and you have power to the pump, pump is bad.  If you do, you might have a clogged injector.

On 2/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, Subseasteve said:

Quad is a 420trx has been running perfectly, went to start this morning and just kept turning over wouldn't run.

Changed the spark plug, had the fuel pump.out and cleaned it, checked the motor was running when given power. Checked the fuel supply switch was clear with no obstructions. Reinstalled fuel pump and was getting fuel to it but wasn't getting fuel out of the high pressure line. 

Any suggestions? 

I have ordered a new relay csn anyone point me in the direction to wher the relay is located?

Can you hear the fuel pump cycle when you turn on the key? If not the relay is a likely cause or the kill switch got bumped. The relay is behind the battery at the bottom of the box. Sometimes a tap on the rack will make them work again, sometimes not.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:22 AM, toodeep said:

Can you hear the fuel pump cycle when you turn on the key? If not the relay is a likely cause or the kill switch got bumped. The relay is behind the battery at the bottom of the box. Sometimes a tap on the rack will make them work again, sometimes not.

Hi 

Thanks for your reply

Would you be able to take a picture to show me what one is the relay as I am having trouble locating it.

Any help would be really appreciated 

1 hour ago, Subseasteve said:

Hi 

Thanks for your reply

Would you be able to take a picture to show me what one is the relay as I am having trouble locating it.

Any help would be really appreciated 

All of my machines are pretty frozen but this from the service manual should get you there. It sits at the bottom of the box so it might be covered with debris. I tie them up higher on my machines to keep them out of the junk.

420relay.png

9 minutes ago, toodeep said:

All of my machines are pretty frozen but this from the service manual should get you there. It sits at the bottom of the box so it might be covered with debris. I tie them up higher on my machines to keep them out of the junk.

420relay.png

Thanks for sending this.

I seem to have 2 relays not just the one pictured which makes things a bit kore confusing 😂

2 minutes ago, Subseasteve said:

Thanks for sending this.

I seem to have 2 relays not just the one pictured which makes things a bit kore confusing 😂

I should have asked what year and model (foot, electric shift, automatic, power steering) you have so i could get you the correct information. If you can let us know that I can do better, I promise.. 😃

1 minute ago, toodeep said:

I should have asked what year and model (foot, electric shift, automatic, power steering) you have so i could get you the correct information. If you can let us know that I can do better, I promise.. 😃

You have been more than helpful already.

The model is a 420trxfm manual foot shift no power steering unsure of the year 

8 minutes ago, Subseasteve said:

You have been more than helpful already.

The model is a 420trxfm manual foot shift no power steering unsure of the year 

If you have a picture of the machine I can narrow it down from that. Also, is this a US model machine or another country?

8 hours ago, toodeep said:

If you have a picture of the machine I can narrow it down from that. Also, is this a US model machine or another country?

Spoiler

Hi please see pictures below hopefully these csn pin point the relay I need to change 

20210215_060504.jpg

20210215_060446.jpg

On 2/7/2021 at 6:26 PM, Subseasteve said:

Any suggestions? 

Evening.

Finally got the quad running again. 

Thank you for all the help and suggestions. After stripping the fuel pump etc it was one of the relays back beside the battery which seems to have given up. 

Changed that and first turn of the button away ahe went.

Thank you again for all the help now the rebuild to get it all back together 👍👍

• Like 2