hawk

Rear splash guard substitutes??

My apologies if this is the wrong category to place this.  It seemed the closest match to discuss plastics and related parts.

I need rear splash guards on the left and right for my 2002 Rancher.

New ones are available from PartZilla, but they cost $68 for each side.

Is there a suitable home-grown substitute that works well and doesn't look stupid?

thank you

Flares for the early Ranchers and all the 300’s are $$$.

I’ve seen some decent looking flares made from rubber, something like conveyor belt material.

@shadetree made some good looking ones for a 300 he did a while back

i believe this bike belongs to @PatrickB i think the rears are extended Moto 4 flairs , not too sure about the front , credit for the pic goes to him. pretty sharp looking trx350. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Go to the home depot or whatever building center, get some thin rubber edging and start rednecking it up. Unless your restoring the machine all it has to do is keep the mud off of you.

• Like 1

Actually, last week I wandered around there looking at different materials and found some osuedo rubber/plastic edging used in base-boarding that is thin and about 4 inches wide.  When the Texas freeze abates i will attempt modifying this to work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hawk said:

Actually, last week I wandered around there looking at different materials and found some osuedo rubber/plastic edging used in base-boarding that is thin and about 4 inches wide.  When the Texas freeze abates i will attempt modifying this to work.

If its the rudder stuff you see in office buildings I used that on my old Golf as an extended lip on my front bumper, worked and looked good.