Casper

New Guy 87’ TRX350D

Hello All, I am making a lift for my 1987 Honda TRX350D. I’ve actually had it since 1987. I know parts are obsolete, but can someone please tell me what shocks I can use on front and back to accommodate my newly purchased 29.5” Outlaw II tires on 14” ITP rims??? 

• Like 2

welcome to ATVH, I'm not sure on over size tires, i run stock on my 86, sure someone will be along, to advise on those old girls, be sure to post us some pics. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard.  I'm pretty sure if you lift it much, you're going to have to stretch it or you're going to run into an issue with the Ujoint angle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there are none for shocks, gonna say it once, and leave it at that, if you put those tires on that atv ?, you will ruin it, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !.

• Like 2

I really have never read of anyone lifting a 350D more than 2 inch  with  shock extensions ,   other than Bill Byrd and he has Toyota truck axles under his 350D with like 44 inch tires  ----  like Jeep mentioned , in the rear any more than 2 inches of lift and you will need a swing arm and drive shaft  extension or you will destroy the u-joint and maybe crack off the output shaft housing  and the way a 350D is made ,  it is the same way in the front  with the swing arm , then when you extend the front swing arm ,    m the tires are going to be sticking out the front of the atv --- then you are going to need  a gear  reduction to handle them 29.5s --- I think it is not the atv to lift 

• Like 4

Thanks Everyone, I think I’ll leave it Stock. I definitely don’t want to destroy it. It’s been good to me for 30+ years.

• Like 2

You can go up to a 27 or so.  It definitely has the grunt to pull them.  29.5's are just too big to run without removing the fenders, and even then I'm not sure they'd clear.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

Thanks Everyone, I think I’ll leave it Stock. I definitely don’t want to destroy it. It’s been good to me for 30+ years.

with oem parts for those old girls getting harder to locate, IMO you've made the right choice. 

• Like 1