leolufse

Paging AKATV please or other who know about display

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

LOL.  You're going to have to expand your operation, hire some help!

he also needs to set up to take credit cards..lol.

22 minutes ago, shadetree said:

he also needs to set up to take credit cards..lol.

……or YOU need to get set up with a PayPal, Venmo or Cash App account…lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AKATV said:

Cmon Shadetree, Paypal and credit cards work fine. 

I use it all the time.  My kids say it's the "old people" way to send money.

You can link your credit card to Pay Pal , very easy to do if I did it 

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

i have paypal, have zelle too, but it takes money in the bank to use both !..lol.

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Cmon Shadetree, Paypal and credit cards work fine. 

I use it all the time.  My kids say it's the "old people" way to send money.

use zelle, paypal sucks.

anywayyyyyy, AKATV, here is another meter i got today, does it look good enough to use as is ?, i think so. i have a new cover from honda to put back on the top. as u can see, the old cover is bad, and cracked..lol. i do not know if it powers up ?, this came off a parts 450fm atv at my buds place. i got this, and the throttle/switch for free..soo, can't beat that with a stick !.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

Hi Shadetree 

Man, that’s about as clean as they come

You really got a good score there

Those 450s meters are particularly hard to find without having the permanent “black ink spots” on them too

I think it’ll work out great for you

You just have see if it powers up that’s all

and to be honest with you I rarely ever seen one not power up, unless it was really destroyed or water damaged

3 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Hi Shadetree 

Man, that’s about as clean as they come

You really got a good score there

Those 450s meters are particularly hard to find without having the permanent “black ink spots” on them too

I think it’ll work out great for you

You just have see if it powers up that’s all

and to be honest with you I rarely ever seen one not power up, unless it was really destroyed or water damaged

thanks bro !. my other meter is not black at all ?, but the top glass/plastic that is part of the LCD screen looks like someone took some rough sand paper to it ?!..lol. under that part, which is the LCD screen, its pretty clear, no signs of burnt anywhere that i can see ?. but hopefully this meter will work out great, not worried about the miles/hours..i still have paper work to prove i rebuilt the engine.

16 hours ago, shadetree said:

i have paypal, have zelle too, but it takes money in the bank to use both !..lol.

I always pay with a credit card on paypal.

If you want to send it "without fees" for the seller (for example, if I were paying you for something) but need to put it on a card, do it as if you were paying "friends and family" and choose credit card.  Paypal will tell you the fee (and give you a bunch of warnings about cash advance fees etc).  Once you know how much the fee is, change it to "goods and services" and add the fee to the amount you're paying.

So if I'm sending you $25 I would add whatever the fee listed was, and then switch to "goods and services.  Might cost me $26.15 or some random figure, but you'd get your $25, and I was able to use a card.

That way, your buddy gets the full amount asked, and you can use a credit card.  Costs you the fee on your end as the payer, but not a big deal (for me anyway).

16 hours ago, shadetree said:

anywayyyyyy, AKATV, here is another meter i got today, does it look good enough to use as is ?, i think so. i have a new cover from honda to put back on the top. as u can see, the old cover is bad, and cracked..lol. i do not know if it powers up ?, this came off a parts 450fm atv at my buds place. i got this, and the throttle/switch for free..soo, can't beat that with a stick !.

IMG_1740.JPG

IMG_1741.JPG

IMG_1742.JPG

If not for the crack I'd say polish that with a headlight polishing kit and it would probably be useable.

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

If not for the crack I'd say polish that with a headlight polishing kit and it would probably be useable.

i've got the outer cover that was on the old meter, its not cracked, but it is rough looking, prob could polish it up ?, but i bought a brand new cover from honda. i'll prob still send the old meter to AKATV, let him fix it, and have a spare for my '03 if and when ever it finally decides to die yrs down the road ?..lol.

• Like 1

Hey AKATV

i got a good one for you. 04 foreman es.

I got it with a cracked cover with moisture damage inside.

I got a new screen cover and decided to blow the circuit card dry with some compressed air. I’m doing that a small piece came off(see 2nd pic, x marks the area the piece came off)now I get a bunch of L’s instead of actual numbers. I know it’s pretty bad but what do you think? Is it possibly salvageable?

FEEFA0F0-DC26-45B1-9A56-F24FB672CDA6.jpeg

30DAAE49-B60C-4023-B550-2DD7766C7EA6.jpeg

999127FE-8BCB-42C5-8B7E-5F99A7D456A2.jpeg

Hi 04man and welcome to the forum

That water damage is never good... even when they DO work, you risk failure down the road from parts literally falling off the board due to the corrosion and vibration

Was they board working properly and LCD displaying properly before the parts blew off?

Were all your 3 LEDs lit up like that before as well?

I might be able to help you save it but it might not be cost effective

Probably a board swap would be a better long term solution

I sent you my contact information if you would like to coordinate a repair

AKATV

@AKATV

Ya the LED’s were alittle screwy but miles and mpg and gears all displayed correct. Was chasing a battery drawdown from the display I believe.

Any leads on a used board?

Foreman 450’s have a battery drawdown issue even before your speedometer issues

Honda made an in-line module after the fact, that goes inline with the speedometer  to correct the problem

I can most likely get you squared away

I sent you my contact information to your message box as well 

Edited by AKATV

Hey everyone! I am also in the market for a new combination meter part # 37200-HN5-M11

I have a 2003 trx350fe it looks to be a discontinued part, I opened up the case and found a lot of corrosion, I tried cleaning it up and soldering a wire I could tell fell apart, the problem still occurs 

I’d appreciate any help on this thanks!

FC4E3697-CD10-4D7A-9AA3-A6DE45E7656A.jpeg

I do a lot of repairs on these

Unfortunately because of the level of corrosion I would say that your card is not cost-effective to repair what I find for too often is it an additional component somewhere further down the line will fail either due to corrosion or having been shorted or damaged from the previous corrosion/shorting on the board

That being said your display looks to be in good shape so you were just really need a new circuit card if you backplate in speedometer cover are in good shape

I sent you my contact information as well if you’d like to get in touch with me

• Thanks 1

AKATV, hopefully you can help. I have 2006 350 ES 4X4, and the display is bad. Looks like you do great work replacing the screens! Here is a picture. PM what I need to do next. Thanks!

meter.jpg

Welcome to the forum bakerman

Looks like you have UV sun damage to your polarization film on your LCD

I can get you taken care of

I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having it repaired

Happy Holidays

AKATV

I have a 2000 450TRX ES that I recently purchased in which the display only shows the backlighting. Initially thought it was UV damaged so I replaced the screen but no change. Oil psi, Neutral and reverse light indicator illuminate just fine. From little research it should be p/n: 57200-HN0-A02 however its discontinued and it bugs the heck out of me because it doesn't work. Sound like something you might be able to fix? 

v/R

Matt  

Edited by bubba_78363
spelling

Show me a picture or two of what you have going on and I can better let you know

sounds like you might have a bad circuit card but if you’d like to send it to me I can diagnose it if I can’t repair it there’s no charge

do you still have the old screen available?

i’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

Prior to me changing the film you could make out some of the display when the headlights were on due to the backlighting, however after I got my hands on it nothing shows. I will get pictures tomorrow and send your way. Thanks for the response.

Welcome to the forum 

thanks for posting pictures it helps a lot

I can repair your speedometer display for you and have sent my contact information to your message box