leolufse

Paging AKATV please or other who know about display

I have a 2002 Honda trx350fe2 that the screen lights up but cant see anything can you help me? 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Post a few pictures so I can see what you have going on 

i will send contact information to your message box as well 

AKATV 

@AKATV I have a 2003 Honda Rancher 350 4x2 ES. The speedometer cover was cloudy from age so I decided to order one and replace it. Upon replacing it I discovered the lcd under it has some bubbling from the sun I believe. I have searched and searched to find a replacement of just the lcd but have been unsuccessful. My lcd works fine, it's just ugly to look at, especially with that new cover on it. From what I have read on the forums you are the master with this sort of thing. I am in college right now but can send photos when I get home if this is something you think you can fix. Just to describe it, the lcd lights up fine but the actually lcd screen has bubbling across it. so basically, purely a cosmetic thing that I don't like. I attempted to message you directly but since I'm a new user it said I had to do something before I can message anyone directly. Please let me know if you think you can help with my speedometer as I would love to get that lcd screen looking new again. Thanks so much for your time. 

I can replace you polarizing films on the LCD for you

i will send contact information to your message box 

it helps a lot to send a picture or two 

in case I can spot anything else goingbon

AKATV

@AKATV Yes Sir, will do. I'm on Eastern time and should be home about 3pm. I will send over those photos. One thing I will note is this. I have been doing computer/electronic repair for years and I noticed when replacing that cover a distinctive smell, you know the smell when a board is burnt. I thought that really weird since my lcd works fine. I did not notice anything on the board burnt though, of course I didn't actually pull the whole board, I just stopped after putting the cover on and noticing the lcd looked bubbled. The strange part is, this atv has been sitting in my building a few years and the battery is not even in it. Maybe it was just me or maybe they just smell like that but I did want to note that. I bought a brand new lithium battery for it so when I get home I will send you a photo of it both off and also with the battery in and lit up on. I just saw a message from you, will check that now. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:52 AM, AKATV said:

I can replace you polarizing films on the LCD for you

i will send contact information to your message box 

it helps a lot to send a picture or two 

in case I can spot anything else goingbon

AKATV

@AKATV I have a 2005 TRX350RE that the display is damaged from a limb that hit it, the display will back light but nothing else will show up on the display. Is this something that I can get to you for repair?

IMG_3919.JPG

you REALLY need to remove the circuit card and get it dried out ASAP!

The longer it sits with water in it will cause corrosion, shorts and unrepairable damage

Its easy enough to open the case and remove the circuit card

Let me know what you find and send me a picture of it powered up with the headlights on when the top case is removed

Do not power it up anymore till you get it dried out though

I will better be able to tell you what it needs once you get it dried out and powered up and post a few pictures

Need help with display on 2005 Honda TRX350fe. Tried buying a new one, can not find one. Bike sat for a good three years. It will light up when I turn on headlights but no display.

Edited by Richard

Hi Richard welcome to the forum!

Let me know what you have going on with your speedometer exactly

it helps if you can take a photograph of it turned on with your display backlit with your headlights on so I can see what you have going on

the whole reason I started repairing these was because Honda discontinued quite a few of these and they’re just about almost unavailable now

I’m sure I can get you fixed up

I’ll send my contact information to your message box as well

AKATV

Need some help getting in contact with AKATV. Need to have a 1998 foreman 450 ES cluster repaired reading all 99999s on mileage and hour meter. I am new to the site. Any help appreciated. 

Pretty common for data to be corrupted on these speedometers -you want to make sure that you have a good battery and your voltage regulators is working properly

Do not let it sit for an extended period without a battery (usually years) or run it with a bad or no battery

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me to have it reprogrammed

Hello how are you? I recently bought a 2004 trx350 from a lady who barely used it. What catches my attention is that the dashboard does not indicate the speeds and the miles traveled are over five thousand and the vehicle is practically new, where can I start? Thank you!

If your speed is not being indicated and stays at zero that indicates that most likely your speed sensor needs to be replaced and or cleaned and it is a somewhat common issue on these models

If there is no “zero” or numeral for your speed on the dashboard at all, then it’s possible that your speedometer might have dropped programming and might need to be reprogrammed

• Like 1

Thank you for responding quickly! the speedometer works perfect, only that the square that is in the upper left corner does not appear and it seems too much that it shows 36,000 miles when the vehicle is practically unused

OK I was under the impression that you said that it did not indicate speed properly in you last message

Also you said the miles were 5000 and then the next message said 36,000 so I was a little confused

The square in the upper left-hand corner is actually for showing on your gear position on electric shift models- is your model a TRX 350 rancher ES model? If that is the case, then it’s most likely that you have corrupted and or dropped programming due to sitting with a bad battery for an extended period of time with dead battery or running with a bad or no battery 

These speedometers are prone to corrupting the speedometer data if you have a bad battery/no battery/dead battery 

Edited by AKATV

New to forums. I have a 2003 honda rancher es 4x4 that the display isn't working right wondering if it is possible for repair 

20220515_183246.jpg

20220515_183241.jpg

20220515_183243.jpg

Hi welcome to the forum !

I can repair it for you

You will need your polarizing films and your back light filter replaced to repair your inner display

You can repair your outer cover yourself by getting one of the cheap automotive headlight polishing kits from Walmart and you can polish off all that cloudy UV degraded plastic

the top cover will look almost like brand new once you’re done

I’ll send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to look into having it repaired

• Like 2

Hello!! 

I'm looking for AKATV, I hear he has quite the reputation for repairing these displays. I'm new to the forum as I am restoring a 2001 450ES. The display provides some information but is badly faded. I took apart the assembly and some water did come out, I'm hoping it can still be repaired. Also, the plastic screen on the outside covering the display is cracked badly with extensive sun damage. Is there a way to repair the clear plastic as well, or do I need to buy a new cover? I would love a quote if this message reaches the right person. Thanks!!!

Hi and welcome to the forum 

I can’t really give a quote until I see what repairs are actually needed

a few pictures would really help

water damages are never good but if it’s working it might still be salvageable

you can buy a new top cover they’re still available

I will send my contact information to your message box if you’d like to contact me about a repair

Welcome to the forum!

I’d be glad to help I’ve sent my contact information to your message box

Welcome to the forum!

Post a picture or two, so I can see what you have going on

It helps if you turn your headlights on so your display is backlit / illuminated

I will send my contact information to your message box as well

Good Morning.  Looking for some rehab on my display on a 2001 TRX450ES.  The screen is scratched but otherwise in ok condition.  There is no indicator for the gear position on the display and wondering if that's something you are able to fix?  This thread is a bit old so not sure if you are even still doing this work  @AKATV    I can grab a pic of it as well.  It's not affecting the operation of the machine, it's just my irrational need to have everything working correctly that's driving the request.   I have replaced the gear position sensor and all is working correctly with N/F/R just the indicator on the display that is gone.   Thanks in advance.   Chris