Quicksilver

Reprogramming display meter on 2005 trx350fe

I saw in another forum that if a display needs to be reprogrammed ig the battery has been disconnected for too long. The gear display is the only item missing on display

Also it won't even try to shift with ES, shifts great with manual tool. I need to have the gear position indicator working to trouble shoot the shifting issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Quicksilver

Sounds like you might have multiple issues, a speedometer that has dropped programming and an electric shift issue

I would download the factory service manual if you have not already done so and start with the basics

here is the link-  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VocUaF1K4_fDh_SVCaq3Rkc747M58ZQd
Let us know what you have checked so far-

Make sure battery is good and check the fuses in the battery compartment for starters

Edited by AKATV

2 hours ago, AKATV said:

Welcome to the forum Quicksilver

Sounds like you might have multiple issues, a speedometer that has dropped programming and an electric shift issue

I would download the factory service manual if you have not already done so and start with the basics

here is the link-  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VocUaF1K4_fDh_SVCaq3Rkc747M58ZQd
Let us know what you have checked so far-

Make sure battery is good and check the fuses in the battery compartment for starters

You have a shifting issue though right ?there’s a pretty comprehensive section on troubleshooting ES shifting issues in the service manual

The display is only that, a display. It won't effect anything with the electric shift unless something is shorting out in it. Simply unplug it and you can rule that out of the equation.

• Like 3