roller

Buying a new Honda Rancher with cash

3 hours ago, RubiDan said:

You can check out uShip.  I'm sure that there are more out there.

uShip | Car Shipping, Furniture Delivery, and More | Shipping Made Easy

Thanks RubiDan,... I'll check them out.

I called the Honda dealer in Kearney, Neb. today, and Brent said they only had 1 new Honda on the floor,

I then asked him about used machines, and they don't have a single one.

I'm now looking for a good used machine, and I'd like you fella's opinions regarding a ,....

2005 Honda Rancher 350 4X4,.... their asking price is $3500.00

I don't much care for the color YELLOW, but the Rancher does appear to be in pretty mint condition, and beggars can't be choosers.

I'm pretty sure it's a foot-shift, as it has no odometer and the mileage is unknown.

Edited by roller

can you post any pics of it ? for that year model with no history (which i would find out about)  it's  over priced IMO. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

pass it at that price, it's a 420, and from the pics it's been mudded, but no harm in finding out some back history, i wouldn't give 35 hundred that for it, maybe, and i say MAYBE.... 15 hundred, has a trailer ball on the hitch, the front plastic is messed up, no paint on the foot brake, or foot shifter, And looks to have a patch on the seat, I'd like to see the air filter, that bike has a high number of miles / hours  on it. you say they didnt answer your text ? did you make an offer ? 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

pass it at that price, it's a 420, and from the pics it's been mudded, but no harm in finding out some back history, i wouldn't give 35 hundred that for it, maybe, and i say MAYBE.... 15 hundred, has a trailer ball on the hitch, the front plastic is messed up, no paint on the foot brake, or foot shifter, And looks to have a patch on the seat, I'd like to see the air filter, that bike has a high number of miles / hours  on it. you say they didnt answer your text ? did you make an offer ? 

I didn't make an offer,.... I asked them to give me a call so we could talk about it, haven't heard anything back yet.

Here is another one I'm looking at in Oklahoma,..... https://tulsa.craigslist.org/snw/d/glenpool-honda-rancher-4x4-fuel-injected/7281606829.html

• Thanks 1

well, in the first one, the add said text only, so.

this one does look clean, but I'm not seeing a Dom, but you get a blade, see about the original wheels / tires. 

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well, in the first one, the add said text only, so.

this one does look clean, but I'm not seeing a Dom, but you get a blade, see about the original wheels / tires. 

As for the yellow on in Colorado, I figure if the guy is serious about selling it, he can at least pick up a phone and call me. LOL

I just heard back from the fella in Oklahoma, and he says it's a 2011.

• Like 1

yeah i agree, doesn't sound like he was really wanting, just baiting, at that price, planning to go higher, 2011 hm, I'll wait see what the guys say. and i have to agree with your thought on yellow, nah, the only yellow i need is mustard on a hotdog, tator salad, or a burger. lol! 

When I was looking 2 years ago, I found the used ones were all over priced, and all with a lot of potential for bad parts on them.

It wasn't much more to buy new and then only deal with the new machine issues.  Rather than years worth of old machine issues.

Around here no one ever wants to get rid of a good machine.

dc