WonderMonkey

Useful Feature - Ignored Users

This feature was brought to my attention by someone who needed it, for the same reason as I would like to use it.  I forwarded the directions on the other four people who contacted me, for the same reason.  I figured if six people that I know of would find value in it (for the same reason), others would as well.

In the upper right portion of the screen, click on the down arrow to the right of your username.  In that drop-down menu, choose "Ignored Users".  That will take you to a screen where you can enter in the user (most likely just one) that you would like to not see posts from.  You will have options on the types of ignoring, which you can fiddle with from there.  With mine, I still see that a post occurred on someone's thread, but you don't see the content.

Untitled-1.png

Most forums have this option built in...

Wow , I often wondered about that Wonder , wonder if the "ignored" are aware they are being ignored , kind of like a notification " you are being ignored " !!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , I often wondered about that Wonder , wonder if the "ignored" are aware they are being ignored , kind of like a notification " you are being ignored " !!!! 

Good question fish, would be interesting to know....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I would think that they would not be notified.  That would probably create a larger problem in a community.  I can certainly see if someone doesn't like my personality or way of posting, they simply just use the forum's feature to ignore me.  No issue.  If someone knew that they were being ignored, it may cause them to leave or not participate, which many times isn't what you want.

• Like 1

Well at least you answered my post , so , I must not be on your ignore list , YET !!! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Well at least you answered my post , so , I must not be on your ignore list , YET !!! 

Correct!  Yet .... yet.

I can't think of anyone at the moment I want to Ignore on the site , but if I had that button at home , I might be wearing it out , LOL 

One thing that I always thought would have been cool that this site doesn't have , numbers on the post 

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I can't think of anyone at the moment I want to Ignore on the site , but if I had that button at home , I might be wearing it out , LOL 

One thing that I always thought would have been cool that this site doesn't have , numbers on the post 

What's the downside of having numbers on the post?

IF ANYONE WANTS TO IGNORE ME.... plz have the BALLS to let me know WHY! 

but I’ll be ok if u chose to do so..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wheeler said:

IF ANYONE WANTS TO IGNORE ME.... plz have the BALLS to let me know WHY! 

but I’ll be ok if u chose to do so..

Hello?  Someone there?

Haha just kidding!  If I'm put on an ignore list I don't think someone really needs to tell me.  It may be that they don't like something about me and the way I type, or whatever.  However, if someone has a REALLY BIG issue with me, it would be good to know.  Generally, I want to chance to clear a misunderstanding, if there is one.  If there isn't, then that's the way it is.

• Like 1

This thread is surprising to me because I had thought that we had disabled all of the "ignore a fellow friend & member" options in the Admin control panel since before day one. Apparently we must have missed something in there.... and someone have found a loophole?

My opinion on that "feature" is unbreakable, the same today as it was during our founding and assembly of this forum. A member ignore option rubs me the wrong way... "ignore" not only runs sharply countering of our founding principles, it certainly runs counter to my personal, highly principled lifestyle practices as well.  I know that I always come across as a "Richard nose" whenever I rant on about stuff like this... and this particular rant certainly is not personally directed in any way.... please don't ever forget that. Please fellow members, just answer to yourself these simple questions:

Are we each responsible adults capable of respect for others opinions? Are we capable of managing our own affairs? Are we each infinitely free to be (become) our responsible respectful selves here? Are we free here, to defend our own natural born human right to be free? And are we free here, to defend our fellow member's human right to be free, just as insistently as we demand our own freedoms?

OR, are we each weak, irresponsible children dependent upon censure-ship by an equal fellow human member amongst us? Are we each incapable of living with & interacting with a principled vision for life... consisting of infinite personal FREEDOM based upon RESPECT for self AND others? Are we RESPONSIBLE adults, or are we NOT?

I cannot allow myself to "co-operate" with anyone in any sort of restrictive environment such as that! I am truly sorry.

• Like 5

Hello Retro!  I don't think I found a loophole, it was right where someone told it would be, in the drop down.

As far as being able to interact as humans and respect each other's opinion, I would LOVE to say "yes", but you have someone on this forum that just makes it near intolerable to be "around" them.  I personally have tried to exist with this person but they won't hold up their end of the bargain.  Near constant arguing, belittling, etc.  This person, once you are on his "idiots and fakers" list, almost stalks that person and snips and snips and snips.  He says things that most others won't catch but YOU do, because you already know what he's been all over you about.

In person, I would have handled this already and the problem would be done.  Over the internet, this person can hide behind his screen.  And many times in person if someone is like how he is, you just ignore them, or you end up taking him out back and give him a lesson in how to interact with their fellow humans.  Since he's not gone far enough in his walk as a grown adult, I choose to ignore him.

It should be telling that a group of people all have a "really can't stand to interact with that guy" with the same guy.  I don't know how many people have used the ignore feature for him, but I did.

I can easily just tell the world about him, but I decided to not put the people that would have to deal with it in that position.  I've already asked him to stop a few times, but he won't.

In the end, I do respect your opinion.  And generally, I agree.  But ONE person makes it tough, over and over and over, as he won't stop.  I don't think he can.  If you want to put a general rule in place and say "No Ignore Feature", then I'll remove him and I'll be just fine.

Edited by WonderMonkey
  • Like 2

Ok we are all adults, so let’s not be little millennial babies. call out who u have an issue with! Let’s all get it out there in the Open @WonderMonkey!!!!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Ok we are all adults, so let’s not be little millennial babies. call out who u have an issue with! Let’s all get it out there in the Open @WonderMonkey!!!!

I don't think that would be productive.  There would have to be a reason for it, meaning a productive one, and result in an improved situation.

@WonderMonkey sorry my man.. I don’t get it.. really... IF I have a issue with someone, I will voice my opinion... I “thought” everyone on this forum got along great.. am I wrong????

• Like 1

@WonderMonkey sorry my man.. I don’t get it.. really... IF I have a issue with someone, I will voice my opinion... I “thought” everyone on this forum got along great.. am I wrong????

The opinion has been voiced a few times.  However, they just don't care.  It takes two in order for a situation to be resolved.

And I think generally everybody gets along, with some very very minor exceptions.  It happens.  Obviously this person doesn't care for me.  I'm not sure where it originated from, but it's very clear.  So, I try to exist the best I can.  I compliment, overly-nice, etc. and still, it happens.  Just the way it is, I suppose.

Just now, WonderMonkey said:

The opinion has been voiced a few times.  However, they just don't care.  It takes two in order for a situation to be resolved.

And I think generally everybody gets along, with some very very minor exceptions.  It happens.  Obviously this person doesn't care for me.  I'm not sure where it originated from, but it's very clear.  So, I try to exist the best I can.  I compliment, overly-nice, etc. and still, it happens.  Just the way it is, I suppose.

My friend... spit it out. Let’s deal with this!!??? 

WHO has real issues with @WonderMonkey??? 

come on guys... I disagree with what some say, but my gawd this is the internet & AWESOME ATV forum... so let’s all get along!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

My friend... spit it out. Let’s deal with this!!??? 

WHO has real issues with @WonderMonkey??? 

come on guys... I disagree with what some say, but my gawd this is the internet & AWESOME ATV forum... so let’s all get along!!!!

HA!  I would prefer to not have the drama.

Fair enough...

Thanks.  I'd like to have unicorns, rainbows, and etc.

Well maybe not that, but you get it.

1 hour ago, WonderMonkey said:

As far as being able to interact as humans and respect each other's opinion, I would LOVE to say "yes", but you have someone on this forum that just makes it near intolerable to be "around" them.  I personally have tried to exist with this person but they won't hold up their end of the bargain.  Near constant arguing, belittling, etc.  This person, once you are on his "idiots and fakers" list, almost stalks that person and snips and snips and snips.  He says things that most others won't catch but YOU do, because you already know what he's been all over you about.

My most recent girlfriend (and still one of my most trustworthy friends) once told me: "They really are out to get you now." She was dead serious as she spoke. She was referring to my vision (implementation of) of freedom.... and my purposeful intentions & plans to design & create (for myself) an infinitely free environment that could (& do!) support a lifestyle that I had dreamed of living since my early childhood. My vision was/is based solidly upon principles that I have discovered over the years while attending "the school of hard knocks", having already experienced everything I ever wanted to experience in life, EXCEPT for an honest crack at attaining infinite freedom up to that point in my life, which was only a few weeks after I had turned my back on all of our corporate hierarchical ruling structures... a new lifestyle had been birthed on purpose and at great expense of a lifetime of saving.... both for myself and for sharing with her, along with as many like-minded responsible others as I hope and continue to dream for....

You want to know what I told her as I began to laugh my butt off right there in my new to me shack...? "You are so paranoid! Are you full of fear? I am not afraid of anything, or afraid of anyone, I am free!"

You are free as well, I defend your right to maintain your freedom as diligently as I defend my own. But dadgummit, please don't be so darn paranoid, no one is out to get you man!!!! Man up!

I must leave y'all alone now, but I wish to leave you with a bit of philosophy to ponder over in a parting shot:

Have ye’s ever been in an Irishman’s shanty
Where money is scarce and whiskey is plenty
Wid his pipe in his mouth there sits one so free
For he knows that no king is greater than he

There’s a three-legged stool wid' a table to match
And the door of the shanty is unlocked wid'out a latch
There’s a not-feather mattress all bustin wid' straw
For the want of a bedstead it lies on the floor

There’s a smug little bureau with out paint or guilt
Made of boards that were left when the shanty was built
There’s a three-cornered mirror that hangs on the wall
But ne’re a face has ever been in it at all