WonderMonkey

Useful Feature - Ignored Users

lol. I just noticed the ignore user button under the profile pics. I then got to mine and was like 'why did the button go away'......

Man. I need more caffeine.

I just clicked on the Ignore Button for the first time to see what it is about , seen the list of " users you are ignoring " , would be fair to have a second list , " users who are ignoring you " , or when you "Ignore " someone , it works the other way and they automatically are ignored by  you " , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I think I said that wrong up above , should  be something like  : When  someone ignores you , you being the ignore'ee should  automatically become a secondary ignorer   , tit for tat , what goes around comes around ,  if you catch my drift 

• Like 1

my .02's worth, how about this, if you got a problem with a member ?, then please bring it to a mod in pm, let the mods handle it. second: grow the heck up !, no..really..if your grown enough to handle life ?, then by all rights..keep it to yourself, DON'T ADD FUEL TO THE FIRE SO TO SPEAK !. in other words for all you kids that want to play with members emotions , knock it off !. third: the best response to a post ?..DON'T REPLY TO IT !., it takes a bigger man/woman to walk away/not say anything than i know of in my life. if words hurt your feelings ?..then again...you need to grow the heck up ?, or move on to another forum, WE ALL ARE FAMILY HERE !!!. if you can not act grown up here ?, then you are deff not on the right forums for your childish ways !. last but not least, EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO SPEAK THEIR MIND HERE ! ( as long as its clean words or course !..lol ) there is a ton of people that are trying to censor our right to freedom of speech out here, AND BY GOD IT WILL NOT HAPPEN ON THIS FORUM !! ( again.as long as its clean !..lol ). don't like it here ?..you are always welcome to find the exit door ---->. that's all i will say about it for now.

• Like 4

The "tit for tat" would just cause issues. The point of the ignore button is to silently take a users post out of the persons view that either that person doesn't agree with or doesn't like reading (it could be a joker that helps randomly). Nothing "officially" is wrong with the postings so no moderation action is required. The user just decides to "hide" the posts so they don't have to skip over them and possibly get a key word to make them want to read it. It can be a peace making tool. No one is being silenced, just one user hiding another users posts only to them, basically the same as skipping over it with less scrolling.

The person that might decide to use it might still need help with their machine or likes reading many of the other members posts. They would not want to give that up just because they don't like one persons posting. Instead of confronting the issue and possibly causing issues on the forum, a simple "ignore" is done and everyone goes on non the wiser. Personally, I don't know why we are discussing it at all as it should have been kept silent. Every forum I have ever been on had the feature so if someone needed/wanted to use it they could find it for themselves. No directions needed.

It can be used for just a short length of time (cooling off period if something might have been a little heated) or they might decide to keep it on for their length of time here. If it can be a tool to keep a calm, productive forum I don't see any issue with someone using it. In reality, non of us will know.

• Like 3

Facebook is like that, if you block someone from seeing you, you also cant see their stuff. Its almost like those forums that you can hide your 'Online Status', or be hidden.

That's one feature I have never understood the need for. Your either online helping or your not. I seen a lot of "hidden" members though over the years and I guess they just didn't want to be bugged when they was searching for something???  Some would log on all the time in the hidden mode though. They couldn't hide from everyone though so even the trouble makers had an eye on them.

• Like 1

If it wasn't turned into a how to ignore someone thread , everything would have went smooth and no one would have known any difference ---- it's hard to unring a bell 

• Like 2

yeah i agree with that fact. ^^^ now everyone who gets a wad in there panties will be thinking just put this member on the iggy, nothing good will come from post being over looked, or not seen, if you don't like whats said, just never mind it, and be a man, and answer as best you can, your answer might be just right, but at least you answered, and might get a response back. 

Simple solution to this, we move it to the mod section and let the dust sit on it. After time the "dust" builds and hides things... 😏

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

There is none I'm aware of...but allows you to link back or reference an old post. I am not sure you can link directly to a post here or not. Haven't tried.

i wouldnt mind numbers on posts of a thread. gives ya a reference point, to come back to, if need be. my note taking skill is about as good as my shout term memory, and i dont have a good short term memory. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed

Posted (edited)

actually i find it better to read each post / thread and bookmark the threads, or follow,  other then numbering posts, pages, and searches come in handy, much better then individual post numbers, IMO, plus searching for member names / post  .... example @shadetree

Edited by _Wilson_™

On 2/26/2021 at 4:53 PM, Fishfiles said:

I can't think of anyone at the moment I want to Ignore on the site , but if I had that button at home , I might be wearing it out , LOL 

One thing that I always thought would have been cool that this site doesn't have , numbers on the post 

There was a time when I was chipping ice off my sidewalks and you kept talking about cutting grass....😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

There was a time when I was chipping ice off my sidewalks and you kept talking about cutting grass....😉

I cut grass this weekend , I would guess that is 10 times cutting it so far this year , it is growing fast with all the rain we been having , every weekend now it needs cutting ----- I would rather cut grass then plow snow 

23 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I cut grass this weekend , I would guess that is 10 times cutting it so far this year , it is growing fast with all the rain we been having , every weekend now it needs cutting ----- I would rather cut grass then plow snow 

And I had frost this morning 😬🤣

• Confused 1