leolufse

03 rancher brush guard help

Hi everyone.  I'm restoring a 2003 rancher 350 es 4x4.  I'm in need of the front brush guard.  The OEM is NLA from honda for this model year.  But the 2000-2002 IS available.  Can someone tell me what make its different.  I can fab and weld if necessary to make it work.  Thanks in advance.  

Both appear to still be available, although the 00-01 is cheaper.  They should interchange without issue as the frames and front racks are the same.

My guess is they slightly tweaked the way it's welded together to make the newer one either stronger, or cheaper to make.

For example, 05-06 Foreman 500 bumpers have a round tube going from the bumper to the frame vin plate.  07-11 use an I-beam going from the bumper to the frame vin plate, thus different part numbers, but both parts are 100% interchangeable.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/81150-HN5-A80?ref=d66aaf36810ee13c4e5c7e8aa337a1db034dc346

https://www.partzilla.com/product/honda/81150-HN5-670?ref=1ae1c5848b352ed361f414a524598ab76cf9671b

Looking at the pics, it doesn't appear that the 00-01 bumper has the headlight bucket supports welded in place, so that would be the difference.  I'd opt to spend the extra money for the one with the headlight support brackets were it me.

1 minute ago, jeepwm69 said:

Looking at the pics, it doesn't appear that the 00-01 bumper has the headlight bucket supports welded in place, so that would be the difference.  I'd opt to spend the extra money for the one with the headlight support brackets were it me.

That's the info i needed. Thanks!!

I have part of the original rack I can use to modify this one.  Although the 2002- 2003 rack appears to be available, is it on a 200-210 day delay from Honda.  I inquired at another seller and they verified.  

• Like 1