Fishfiles

Street Racing

I don't know if any of you'll follow street racing , there is a show in New Orleans on TV , but the show isn't the real street racing , this goes on everyday and the police really don't do much about it ----they call this spot by NASA Da Pad , they move around to dodge the cops 

I know the  guy with the BBQ pit trailer , he is at the NAPA in New Orleans East every Friday for lunch and has some really good food , a $10 plate is more than you can eat 

There are hundreds of videos on You-Tube  , some are kind of raw 

The guy that filmed this one is called 1320 , he goes all over the world filming street racing and he says in his videos , there is no place in the world close to New Orleans for street racing 

• Like 1

I tried street racing once. In my brother's 69 Roadrunner w/383.  Beat a GTO and then learned how important good brakes are.  Hint:  4 poorly adjusted drums aren't good brakes.  We all survived unscathed to tell about it.😳

• Like 2

Sounds like a 4 drum set up , should have got a parachute !!! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Sounds like a 4 drum set up , should have got a parachute !!! 

Yup.  Four drums indeed.  That little episode of young stupidity must have had a lasting affect on my decision making process toward automotive brakes:  My last new car purchased has Brembo brakes.🤔  My wife wanted the Recaro seats but didn't understand why I wanted the Brembos.   I didn't want 💩 stains on the seats.

• Like 1

Yeah it is all staged as far as the places they race. When the show first came out , they made it all dramatic about the spots.  The cars they had were more like a working man could afford and build. Now its all promod status big money stuff. I would still watch it if I had cable but cant get the current shows on the firestick. I still enjoy the show for the most part. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chevymec said:

Yeah it is all staged as far as the places they race. When the show first came out , they made it all dramatic about the spots.  The cars they had were more like a working man could afford and build. Now its all promod status big money stuff. I would still watch it if I had cable but cant get the current shows on the firestick. I still enjoy the show for the most part. 

I have heard some the stories of how fake Street Outlaws is , in the beginning the film people gave $50k to select drivers to build the cars that they film --- I  know a guy who was paid for them to use his car in the filming and then gave him a part in an episode , when I seen him on TV I called him and asked him about it , he said it was all fake , he had no intention to buy the car that he was bidding on in a auction 

When they film Street Outlaws they bring out light plants and have cops blocking off the road , it is a movie production 

But the videos I am posting are filmed by participants , and are the real thing , they are out there just about every night , wonder how  NASA doesn't have it stopped as it is the facility on the right and Folger's Coffee is on the left of Da Pad 

• Like 1

guess ya gotta do something. we had local drag strips. but ever so often, we go to a road, that wasnt patrolled so well.  it didnt cost that much to run at ohio valley, 1/4 track.

it was flooded the last time, i drove past it. think though, its still open.

been down the track twice, ET's got the 1st. heat, let of too early on the second... 8.26 the 1st i think..  i know i didnt have a 9 or above. the 2nd 8.76.. my car would do 60 in 1st gear. 90 in 2nd..

it wernt geared right. 373's the best i could figure out. only to have a 411, 454.

Edited by LedFTed
cant decide on the stock gear

On 4/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, LedFTed said:

guess ya gotta do something. we had local drag strips. but ever so often, we go to a road, that wasnt patrolled so well.  it didnt cost that much to run at ohio valley, 1/4 track.

it was flooded the last time, i drove past it. think though, its still open.

been down the track twice, ET's got the 1st. heat, let of too early on the second... 8.26 the 1st i think..  i know i didnt have a 9 or above. the 2nd 8.76.. my car would do 60 in 1st gear. 90 in 2nd..

it wernt geared right. 373's the best i could figure out. only to have a 411, 454.

I had a '93 S10 that I ran the balls out of. Almost every weekend on some back roads we got stupid. It was kinda know for being "quick" .... as quick as a 2.8 5 speed S10 was lol. Guess it wasn't bad since most of my friends had 4x4 trucks and mine was a 2wd. When I built my 1st camaro, I was at the dragstrip every chance I could racing it. That's when I thought about how dumb it was what I use to do. 

• Like 2

the 73cuda, had a 340 4 bolt main, and a distinct sound, that i miss.. the slowest i ever had it was 17mph in 4th gear, and it still ran,.. while going uphill, 15%..

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

That video was great!! I heard stories from around here about the Mopars hurting everything around here. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

That was a very interesting video , about the Ghost 

I like that the car is kept very close to original.   Dents and all.  There is/was a TV program I really enjoyed.  Graveyard Carz.

Alyssa Rose adds to the experience 😉

• Like 1