99-450ES

99 450 ES

Hi, welcome to ATV Honda! Does your display light up at all?

Hi

Post a few pics if you could, and ditto on retros comment above

I can get you taken care of just need a little more info/detail on what you have going on

Not a single flicker or light of any kind.  Just started to pull it off the machine.  Hand traced the wires back to where they plug.  Easiest way to find the plug or get to it?  Pictures is with key on, running, with lights in

B678BDC4-1994-4400-A39A-9449ADE85840.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum too by the way!

Thanks for the picture

Plug is under the left inner fender, might have to remove inner fender well to get at it better

The gray plug is a bear to get undone- use WD40 and hold you mouth just right- you will learn new swear words

But -if you want to send me the circuit card just open the speedometer and take it out

it just unplugs. I have the harness and all that here on my end

If you are not getting even a neutral light,you might have bigger problems

Do ANY of the LED lights come on?

If you have no backlight with headlights on, you are looking at more to repair than the display

That open hole probably let a lot of water in to damage the circuit board as well

If you want me to give it a shot I will PM you my contact info

If I cant repair it, there is no charge

Have'nt had one beat me yet lol  (knocks on wood)

AKATV

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 4

Welcome to atvhonda ..... I pulled the meter off a 450 ES a coupe of weeks ago , the plug goes to the left side  , right next to number 14 in this pic , the wiring harness connector for that meter had a metal clip that holds it to the frame , which made it hard , the meter end of the plug needed to be pulled towards #14 which is right in the way  

image.png

• Like 1

Welcome, we sure are getting new members with speedo's not working or readable.  You are in the right place with your 450ES, many S & ES Hondas here......

• Like 2

Does anyone know if a AKATV can’t fix my display unit if there is one from a different model that will plug-in and work?