Ang

Rewiring questions

wow! that's a rough deal bro, gad no  one was hurt, I've had bad luck before (if one believes in luck) but that's rough ^^^^

• Like 1

With a dunk that deep and long hard to believe it didnt get into the engine.  Honestly just because it runs doesn't mean there isn't a mess inside that will cause severe engine damage sooner or later.  I'm not the most skilled Honda mechanic here but I don't think with that information any of the experienced guys would think the inside of the engine wasn't compromised....just sayin'.  Probably not what you want to hear but you need to know spending time dunked will get into even the smallest cracks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Being under water that long with the battery still connected plays havoc on the wiring , especially the ones with voltage going thru them , eats the strains away and turns it green inside the covering --- as far as the engine being under , have always heard and seen it first hand after Katrina , it is not always how long it was under  , it is how long till you get it flushed out and running , after getting it out the water  is the crucial time to act quick cause when  the air hits it , it is going to rust it quick  ---- seen many engine go thru 7-14 days of being under water and survive  to this day --- if it is running ok and the oil looks good , send it  till she blows mate'e 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I appreciate all of the input.  I do know I'm taking a great risk putting money into this. I guess that's why everyone just kept rigging it. I just think it will be worth it with no concrete evidence to back that up lol. I'll do the minimum first,  but correctly and go from there.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ang said:

The saddest part is that the guy who did this graduated top of his class as an electrician.

i agree. 

• Like 1

If you know it will run then you could spring $90 for a battery.

Then I would do a compression check

On 3/13/2021 at 7:24 AM, Goober said:

I see the wires hanging off the front are to a set of auxiliary lights. So some of the hacking was probably trying to find the headlight power.

Id recommend wiring them and winch controller to the accessory circuit.

whats that cut three wire plug? 

547BC4B6-97C3-4DA1-90DA-E47E3F80DB70.jpeg

Blue, white, and green are usually the headlight wires.  Green is ground, Blue is high beam, white is low beam.

• Like 2

I've gotten more of my share of Hondas with hacked wiring harnesses.  Usually I just buy a used harness on ebay and swap them out. 

If it was under water for weeks, that would probably be a good idea.  New harnesses aren't cheap, but used ones usually aren't too bad.

• Like 1