hawk

Part number? 2002 Rancher 350 ES, seal for rear output shaft?

I've the motor out on a recently purchased 2002 Rancher 350 (TRX350EF) to replace the gear switch on the rear cover and the clutch adjustment bolt on the front cover.  While the motor is on the bench I'd like to replace a few oil seals.  The one I'm having trouble with is the rear output shaft seal.  

I'm using Partzilla and looking at their diagrams.  I found the part number for the front output shaft seal.  Looking for the rear seal, I'm using the diagram for "rear crankcase cover."   I do see the flywheel seal in the rear case and I'm ordering that as well.  But, I can't find a part number for the rear seal.  Is it on a different diagram or not available?

Also, any chance the front and rear output shaft seals are the same and I can just order two of the front seals?  I won't yank them out until I have the new ones in hand.

The engine otherwise runs fine.  Anything I should do while I have the front and rear case covers off?  I don't intend to split the main case open or remove the head.  I can do that in the future if need be.  It only took me about 2-3 hrs to put the motor on the bench and that was an old guy working slow, pausing to drink, and turning the music up. 🙂

Also, I'd like an opinion on the heat-generated discoloration (blue color) on outside of the centrifugal clutch housing.  Perhaps this is normal?  Please see photo if it attaches....

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_3534.JPG

Edited by hawk
  • Like 1

I think you are looking for the #9  seal in this pic , the print is title final shaft , 

91203-HN5-671 OIL SEAL (24X34X5.5)  image.png

• Like 1

"pausing to drink and turning the music up" an upside to wrenching on things no one is paying you for 😄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1