Big Bird

Sledding.

Well. I have not been on in a while. I got out 5 times this year on my sled. I picked it up in Sept 2020. 2009 Ski Doo 4 stroke 1200. 130HP+ HAHA.

Slapped about 1200KM (750 miles) this year.

ride1.jpg

• Like 2

different beast, than all i know, KY, keep posting;

Edited by LedFTed

I have a 2011 Yamaha Venture RS, 900, book says it has 120 HP, I only put about 1000 km on this year. I remember years ago putting over 5600 miles on a brand new sled in one winter.

Yea my buddy & I basically put our sleds away last weekend. Spring big time here now.

sledz.jpg

• Like 2

Yea they are fast, no real smooth place to wind them up around here tho. 4cly 1000cc Sportbike engine with different tuning & the clutch is geared down from the factory so the clutch doesnt explode over 10000rpms lol. I cut the secondary springs in the carbs & put a softer primary clutch spring in it so it starts out sooner, instead of the 'high stall torque converter' effect, which always seemed to dig a hole you would get stuck in 😮

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

@ATC4ever , that sled looks like a missile !!   100MPH ????  

I'm not sure there's a sled made now a days (other than the economy sleds) that won't do 100 mph.

I had my Custom Turbo Yamaha Apex doing 137 across Lake Gogebic in the UP of MI, (close/ish to retro) and that had a 162" track. And you're correct Fish,1000 lb missle is what that sled was.

(fwiw, my wife now wears the sled on her finger)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, sled_22 said:

I'm not sure there's a sled made now a days (other than the economy sleds) that won't do 100 mph.

I had my Custom Turbo Yamaha Apex doing 137 across Lake Gogebic in the UP of MI, (close/ish to retro) and that had a 162" track. And you're correct Fish,1000 lb missle is what that sled was.

(fwiw, my wife now wears the sled on her finger)

20k finger....🤣 🤣 🤣

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

in some videos, i seen them sleds go across the water of a lake at 70 mph or over.

Edited by LedFTed
spelling of course

I got out a couple times this year on weekend day trips. Slammed a rock at slow speed and bent up some stuff just before the 4 day tour.

I did a 4 day tour with my brother and 2 others. We did 1000KM on those 4 days. First day was !. Rain and freezing rain. As we headed farther north the next 3 days were good overall. 1 morning it was -30C/-22F.

Brother blew a belt. My 1 finger got cold and got a bit weird. Felt like the end was dipped in wax. Not much feeling in it. Then it started to peel. LOL. Not frost bite but close.

Great times .

• Like 2

Took the sled in to have it looked at after hitting the rock. Seems it was a bit more damage than I thought...

Oh well. You have to pay to play.

• Like 1