Wheeler

Wild Boar Hunt.. GoPro Hero 8

Well the wife got me a GoPro Hero 8 Black for my birthday! I was gonna get one for the wild boar hunt trip I’m going on in 2 weeks. Well wife looked after that for me!! Already ordered the picatanny rail mount, & screen savers. I have 2 batteries so hope they last. Gonna upgrade to a larger capacity micro SD card as well. This is gonna be awesome!! To be able to film the hunt will be sweet! But heck I’m no photographer!!! hope it all works out!! I’ll post up any videos I get!!

• Like 5

Thought I was going to be a video photographer , I have a Go Pro 2 or 3 , can't even remember been so long , wow , they up to 8 ----      leaned  it is not all fun and games , it takes away from having fun , and then you got to edit it and upload it ------  watch that bear don't get you when you are distracted  playing with the cam  --  LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i hope you  score as many of those wild boars as allowed, cause they sure need thinning out, they cause alot damage to crop land, and the forest here, i would guess there just as destructive up y'all's way ? 

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™ up here they aren’t like down there. We are heading to a ranch.. $450 gets u the cabin, & “entitlement” to 1 hog. $450 for each additional hog! First year I got 3, last year 2, this year... time will tell... 45-70 with hand loaded 425g hard cast, gas checked, UTS-15 with Breneke Slugs, SKS, with gummy tips be the GO too!! 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 4

I have the Go Po 7 -- when saving the video's they take up a lot of space on your PC drive -- so I added a second drive just to store video's 

• Like 2

oh okay, down here, i think it's unlimited ? I'd have to check but pretty sure it's that way, at least i know some farmers who hunt them, and kill as many as they can in one trip, most are left, i have yet to hear anyone here, butcher, and eat one, but i believe eating them is big in certain parts of the country, i wouldn't mind trying some myself. 

• Like 1

Wow. Ones here we butcher for jalapeños/cheddar stuffed bbq smokies, ribs, breakfast sausage ect. They taste amazing!

• Like 1

i know fish has had gator before, fish do y'all even have wild boars around where you live ? and have you ever consumed any ? 

47 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Wow. Ones here we butcher for jalapeños/cheddar stuffed bbq smokies, ribs, breakfast sausage ect. They taste amazing!

i could go for some ribs, and smokies, you have me in the mood for a pulled pork samich, with viniger cole slaw, and pickles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They still got lots of hogs around , use to be an epidemic of them -----------   on private property with permission to hunt , you can shoot them 24/7/365 -----  wild hog is not my favorite , too gamey once past the bitty stage 40 pounds  ,  I like the domestic hogs better ......  

Here are a couple of pics of my buddy TJ , there got 6 a couple of weeks back on a morning hunt in the marsh 

IMG_3003.JPG

IMG_7997.jpeg

• Like 6

I LOVE the flavor of those beasts! However, tuffer than a rubber boot. So that’s why we turn ours into mostly sausage...

• Like 4

I don't really like any of the gamey taste meats ,  duck is about the worst , can't say I ever ate wild duck or goose that was good and can't stand to be around it being cooked 

• Like 1

All about the way it’s prepared if u ask me? Lots of people don’t like deer meat, however... when they eat deer meat I’ve cooked up, they blown away at taste & flavor/texture of how it is... maybe an art?...

Edited by Wheeler

hm, not good for pulled pork ? (noted) @Mr. Brian i believe posted some in chat deferent ways to prepare wild hogs but i haven't seen him in a while, fish I've never had duck, my sisters husband hunts them, she claims it's a kind of greasy tasting meat, i don't mind the game taste of deer meat, but you can tell it, here, butchers mix ground deer with pork, but as for the wild taste, I've heard soak it in buttermilk will lesson the game taste, never tried it myself. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The worst ducks are the fish eater ducks  ---- 

I'd probably give it a try, at least once, can't be much worse then Sardines and chocolate milk, lol, that night in chat, y'all had me turning green, lol. 

Hey guys. I haven’t been in here much lately as I’ve been really busy. Just got back from my Wild Boar Hunting trip. It was a success!!! I even managed to get the footage of me shooting mine with the GoPro on my 45-70 picatanny rail. I left the cable at the camp, so I have to get another one today, charge it & figure out how to edit & post a video. Here are the pics. For those that don’t know who I am, I’m the first pic..

The pics of the gun is the one I’ve just bought. A Marlin 336 30-30 with MidWest industries foregrip, leather ammo holder ect. Selling my MH-12 double barrel pump & GSG-16 semi .22 to fund the purchase... Hog Camp 2021 was a Blast! Literally!!! 2lbs of tanerite wayy too close to camp when we set it off! Have that on GoPro too!!

Cheers!

A6F99827-4FB3-44AA-9A65-BEC3EA32A71A.jpeg

86D6EA7D-AE27-4021-86D9-957DBB2A470E.jpeg

E99F6386-1310-4074-8EA5-FD7B6BE55908.jpeg

082E0528-B6E9-47ED-AC85-2F9B5596A1F5.jpeg

66BC79E0-3242-47A4-89A7-CD91BB116097.jpeg

DAAFE7DA-3A99-4E8F-97E5-462D9EE05B9C.jpeg

96C25061-7E9F-40D2-9087-79E776EF41C3.png

9055A556-F8BD-4457-94E6-549588590B8A.jpeg

EFA07839-4FA2-41DA-B759-5121FDBFE0F7.jpeg

E71EC8FC-39ED-40FE-ACF0-DC15B1787664.jpeg

F39F50F7-A88E-4387-A20B-C12918AB2740.jpeg

574F7973-F242-44E9-9530-593299D67B4E.jpeg

D0B93AD3-AFFB-4DD4-BB08-AC2742EB5A47.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice gun and the Goose and Juice looks pretty good too !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rustynut2 said:

Would love to do some hog hunting. Can't wait for the footage.

I’ve got it now, but it’s not a YouTube video... I’ll figure it out.