superrman77

Foreman 350d Fuel Pouring Out Carb Vent Hose

Well guys the 350d is dripping fuel out of the vent hose from the carb bowl.  It is only doing this while running.  Do you think there could be an issue with the carb float valve?

are you talking about the carb bowl drain hose ? if so ? yes could very well be the float valve / seat, and this bike bike has the stock pulse pump ? 

• Like 1

I flushed the tank out on my 450 and cleaned the carb and got it to stop pouring out. It would randomly do it when running or sitting. Mine was debris issue...but could see where if its a constant 'it does it or it doesn't that it could be a float level thing. Mine was very random.

It will only doing it while running because fuel is only available to the carb while the pump is running.

Float valve, float or dirty float valve seat. you will need to rebuild the carb if you haven’t already. 

Are you running an OEM fuel filter? i recommend you also drain and clean the fuel tank if you’re not running the OEM setup e.g. stock fuel pump as Wilson mentioned 

B5C701B3-BECD-4FA4-986E-9D8510259376.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

in the mean time, one way to check would be cycling the ignition off, and on, but don't start the bike, if I'm not mistaken, the oem pump pushes fuel up to the carb, soon as the ignition is cycled on, not like a gravity flow system, if it drips while cycling the ignition off, and on, then yes float valve seat. as goober mentioned.

not sure of the timing to do this test, but my 86 fuel pump would always buz / hum for a very short time, soon as the ignition was turned on.