LedFTed

Alpha Gal

very true!, and thank you both. well im sure I'm enabling her, because she wouldn't have a place to go if i didn't let her move in,( my sisters husbands ronnie, and dj will not allow her to move in with them) and as for the meds, she's prescribed them, so there again my hands are tied,,and her (soon to be) ex husband also told her no, he was not dealing with this any longer.... she's wrecked house then crashed his truck, i believe 3 times now, he went ballistic this last time, i believe i posted those pics in the accident thread ? 

• Like 3

Every situation is different from each other so what works for one may be a complete failure to the next.  Unfortunately you have to treat each case somewhat by the seat of your pants and hope for the best......

• Like 3

that's true just one day at a time...... i don't think she will ever get clean of that mess, she such a believer in the med cure all deal, and that never works, but that's all you see now, a med for a med for that, and for those that had an un healthy life, then fall back to meds for the cure ? nah..... you always plan for the future, because we all age, and die, that just the way it is, and always will be, you eat unhealthy, smoke (like i do) drink (like i used to) depend on meds ..... etc etc ..... it catches up with you, too bad she, and others didnt realize this fact. 

• Like 2

I’ve seen this deal first hand my !!!! myself and! sometimes it’s best to take yourself out of the situation, and from what I’ve seen , you didn’t have that option being the addict is now living in your home , but what baffles me is for what reason reasons none of your family OR her friends stepped up to help ? and she’s using her current husbands vehicle ? If he feels enough for her to pay the insurance plus having it wrecked a few times, then it makes me think he’s just as messed up as she is , my apologies, if what I said was out of line , she is your mother. 

• Like 1

i can't answer for why he lets her use the truck....  i think his mind is messed up, but he does have money, (from what shes told me) which is what she see's he also has certain opioid pills for his pain, which she was stealing, or at least that's what he told me.... but he and i don't talk any longer, and he's not allowed in my home, or even on my property, as for my family (i claim) they won't have anything to do with her..... my father is married again, and happy, and stress free from her.... my sisters just DON'T get along with her at all... and there husbands have put there feet down on the chance of her moving  in, and mooching off of them, she overdosed at my younger sister home a few years back, while my sister was away, her son, and a friend were a witness to this overdose.....  that's when my sister hit the ceiling, and sent her away, and then called the AHP Alabama highway patrol on her, but she was never caught, luckily she was not in a wreck / crash, and it's gotten worse from then on, if i was to tell you everything i recall growing up, it would blow your mind!! 

no offence taken, and she's NOT my mother (i don't clame her as such) 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

i do have thick skin, from dealing with her, and other idoits, so it's nothing i can't handle with eas :D too bad there are more ch-t4brains now, then there ever has been, (and those that can't deal with them) lol! those people i feel sorry for. 

• Like 1

Drugs are the ruination of so many lives and the country for that matter ----  this story is worth the time to tell , my buddy's daughter is  a beautiful woman , actually had a career as a model and flew all over the country on photo ops , she got into drugs ,  lost her career ,  was always getting in trouble ,drove her Cadalic in a bridge , blew out a tire , drove 40 + miles on the flat with sparks flying from the rim after the tire was totally gone , numerous people called it in , she would not stop for the sheriffs and it went on as a chase , finally did stop and got DUI and possession with a kid in the car , went to jail , got out  and got pregnant again , cause she knew they wouldn't keep her locked up , hooked up with a guy who worked for my other buddy  , they both OD'ed twice in two weeks , saved only by NARCON  , third time was the charm , he OD'ed again and died , now Grandpaw is raising 3 kids and she was still on the drugs , till she went to jail for quite a few years this time for selling it , but , like we talked about , it may have been the only way to save her 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

certainly sounds bad, you can take it from me 1st hand, that mess is not worth chancing, why people feel the need to numb, well i guess I'll never understand what life can throw at them to make them turn down that wrong path sounds like she had a lot got for her, sadly lost it all, this one here, didnt have all that much going but she ruined her relationship with us kids at a very young age, and also has no chance of having a relationship with her grand kids, and the husband (last one) well he's out of the picture (someone what) i didn't like him anyways.... i know what game he was / is playing, and he's do t his best to bait me, and become friends.... NOPE not going to happen, you can fool some of people some of the time, but all the time ??? nah. 

• Like 1

Was sitting out on the farm talking to my buddy Sunday after we worked on the beaver dam about how many of our childhood friends are dead or screwed up.

Never would I have thought drugs would screw up or kill so many people I was close to when I was a teenager.  We were too smart to do drugs.  We were raised right, by loving parents, in good comfortable middle class homes.  Private school, church on Sundays.

But that crap killed two of my closest friends before they were 30.  Both made fun of "crackheads" and suddenly that is what they were.  Another really smart guy my age is 45, lives with his parents, no job, no prospects, no life.  He did time in the state pen a few years ago.  His life might as well have ended at that point.

All those guys knew what drugs would do.  All of them tried stuff, and got more and more into them, until they couldn't get away from them. All of those guys were smart.  Still got hooked. 

• Like 3

yeah sad as it is... i can't all the friends i have lost due to that poison .... and it worse now then it's ever been, i give credit to my father, and growing up farming, and being very smart to what was going on, when i hung around my friends if had been her, no doubt we would all be abusing drugs at some point, that was her cure all..... like i said crazy.. demented etc.... most likely the reason my older sister has battled addiction off, and on, right now, she's clean, and i hope she stays that way, but dealing with cancer, she has a script for a certain pain pill percocet i believe, and when i talk to her on the phone, i can tell when she's been drinking plus mixing it it with those, i don't know how her liver has lasted as long as it has, because she also had a spot on it, and still drinks, and smokes, I've tried to talk her out of doing that stuff, but over the years I've gained no ground, and her husband... also drinks, so i kind of stay clear of that deal, but it still bothers me, but what can you do, when they will not accept any help, even tho they know the signs. 

• Like 1

update..... she might going into treatment now.... because her doctor now told her shes taking way too many meds... and has had another pancreatic attack this (they say makes) 3.... which she's never had in the past years... (just this past year) yet they still have not much information on how to treat morgallens (sp)  disease ... because the med she was taking actually has a danger of causing the attacks... so she might not have a choice but to stop taking so many meds. 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2021 at 7:38 AM, Fishfiles said:

I am no tick expert , had a few that filled up with blood on me before from being in the woods , my dad's method was two wooden matches , light them blow them out and very quickly while they were still hot , squeeze lightly with one on each side the tick , like chop sticks  , it burns them and they let go , they back their head out , you don't want to squeeze too hard cause you will pump the body contents into your skin and that might be the start of them diseases your talking about , and  you don't want to pull them hard without some burn as the head will break off and stay in your skin ----I have used tweezers and heated them up with a lighter --- the other method is to suffocate them by putting something over them like oil oor grease ----would guess there is some medical  compound out there  to fit the job ---- seen thread used to lasso them out --- and many say just pull them straight up and out with your finger nails 

talk about gross , check this out 

You win the grossest post of the day award.😳😉🤮🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

did ya know, alpha-gal, infected, cant eat meat. A' type blood, O' type blood. this takes a while, but you can eat red meat, an not worry. mine only lasted a year, or so.. type A blood. [type D mind].😀😀

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

yes ^^^ red meat pork, and lamb i believe ? when she first got that one red meat and pork would make her very sick... and people around here don't consume much lamb, but sea food,  fish, chicken and turkey.... are consumed, but not as much as red meat pork and chicken I've heard alpha gal can go away on it's own, there's just not too many people that get it, morgellens is even more rare. 

• Like 1

well i debated on posting....but after being chewed out, and being demanded by her to clean her mess up....and being talked about in a bad way to my sisters AGAIN ... sigh  (which burns me up) and there kids (which have nothing to do with her) i have now learned she got oxys ( i don't what those are) from Robert her husband his perscription and name on the bottle ... now she's into to transporting perscription opioids .... did i say this was bad ? (from years I've seen this happen)  ? yeah i believe i did.  her doctors (who ever they are now) have told her (from what she's told me) they will not prescribe any more pills of any type.... i could have her and robert nailed for this but being the man (thick skinned) ill keep dealing with this mess, she's on the verge of another pancreatic attack, and will not go to the ER because according to her the hospital is full up with covid patients ......  i will always help a person who wants help, but those who wish to travel the same path and drag me along ?? not a chance in !!!! fact is she just wants to be stoned out of her mind (or whats left of it) last night she hit the wall.... had it out with Robert.... and woke me up, and gave me a ring and neckless with a combine price of 12 thousand,  and advised me he's not to get them back..... i have no need for them, or the money and do not want the trouble this will bring. a rock and hard place doesn't even come close to describing this mess. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Personally ,  I don't buy into your problem with your mom's problem , nobody can be  that heart less  and stupid to post stuff like that about their Mom  -----   I know how you have played the sympathy card in the pass many times now 

• Confused 1

well you have the right to your opinion.... and when did i ask for sympathy ?? never... heartless ? nope, like i said she's living in my home, when no one else would take her in, not even my sisters or there kids, and not her husband.... but i did, so again I'm not going to debate you on these abusive attacks, when you do not know the history of her abusive actions which include, drugging my father twice, my older sister once (far as i know) and myself once, plus stealing her mothers lortabs while her mother was on her death bed, believe what ever you wish..... try as much as you can, but you will not get a rise out of me, because i know the facts, and your just guessing, if you'd like more proof ? I'll give there phone numbers and you can find out for yourself.

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Personally ,  I don't buy into your problem with your mom's problem , nobody can be  that heart less  and stupid to post stuff like that about their Mom  -----   I know how you have played the sympathy card in the pass many times now 

I think it's more that it's a release of frustration in an environment that has people Wilson trusts and cares for.  If you have nowhere else to talk about it and get it out, a forum of people you "know" is a "good-enough" place.  That's the way I see it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Just wait until you hear about my my surgeries, and then the recovery of them, later this year.  THAT will be a loud example of looking for sympathy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WonderMonkey said:

I think it's more that it's a release of frustration in an environment that has people Wilson trusts and cares for.  If you have nowhere else to talk about it and get it out, a forum of people you "know" is a "good-enough" place.  That's the way I see it.

it is, and no one else here where i live (family or friends) wants hear from or about her, or even lift one finger to try and help, but who has stepped up me...... but by all means that doesn't count for anything i reckon ?? many have asked me why am I doing this, well... any number of reasons, but i can't fix what she's done to herself, the miss trust she has earned. goes back the old saying you have to lay in the bed you make for yourself. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it is, and no one else here where i live (family or friends) wants hear from or about her, or even lift one finger to try and help, but who has stepped up me...... but by all means that doesn't count for anything i reckon ?? many have asked me why am I doing this, well... any number of reasons, but i can't fix what she's done to herself, the miss trust she has earned. goes back the old saying you have to lay in the bed you make for yourself. 

I don't know you aside from our interaction here on this forum, but it wasn't any mystery on why you have taken her in and are posting your frustrating situation here.  I didn't think twice about it as it was crystal clear.  I encourage you to keep posting here, but maybe in a thread you start yourself.  If someone doesn't want to read about it, then they have the option to stay out of that thread.

• Like 3

thank you, i did start a thread about addiction to drugs, and alcohol.... but sence this thread Ted made actually hit very close to all of what is going on, and i know guys here, like a good cold one, or a stiff drink (which i have no problem with and used to enjoy myself) i deleted the post, and had the string deleted, but now i might just start one completely dedicated .... to abusing street drugs, and perscription opioids that alone will be the subject and i have no issue with anyone who uses prescription meds within reason, but to take them like candy... just to be completely wacked out of there mind and without any reason..... i just cant wrap my head around why some people choose this path, i reckon.... my thinking about drug abuse is because I've seen this type of behavior all my life, and have lost many friends, and a couple family members.... this concerns me because this is one of the worst problems we have in this country right now, and it effects us all. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thank you, i did start a thread about addiction to drugs, and alcohol.... 

So you did!  I'm old and forgetful.  Carry on.

• Like 1

i like budweiser, puts me in a good mood. some, its makes crazy, or mad. they turn hateful. my hangover, lets me sleep x-tra. too long.. but Durn if a aint in a good mood or better when i drink. lots of laughter going on. cousin of mine, drank bush beer, couldnt handle the bud. it would let em be meaner than he was, naturally.

same beer company, different effects.

i guess alcohol lets out a part of your spirit, ya keep hidden., whats the difference between Bush beer an Bud, IDK.

maybe its the outlook on life. i dont like bush beer, an wont buy it. i think some chemical in Budweiser agrees with me. just hope its not green solvent...

Edited by LedFTed