freebo86

Principles and Operation of “Enrichment Valve”

11 hours ago, freebo86 said:

There is two places that a hose connects to on that air cut off valve... both locations goes to opposite side of the carb. 

which one are you referring to?

The outer hose supplies vacuum, the inner hose vents to atmospheric pressure. See the explode view above for reference.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 11:59 PM, retro said:

The outer hose supplies vacuum, the inner hose vents to atmospheric pressure. See the explode view above for reference.

Yo ur right. I went looking tonight and only ONE hose actually is connected on the air cut off valve. I was getting the lower hose confused that’s connected on the carb itself thinking it was on the air cut off. Here are the photos of the hoses and how their connected. I’m pretty sure those is correct. 

So your suggestion is to disconnect the hose between air cuff off and carb. The one that’s at the top. Does it matter what end? Plug it and see if there is a difference?

C4E0AD09-B2D9-4E2D-9937-122399C10541.jpeg

DEFD01AB-4329-427E-A305-B9EBD86C5688.jpeg

FCB8DF0E-1EDA-4361-A55A-E4AE1E8EC25F.jpeg

617C2697-9D87-4866-9C5B-DC74F37F93B0.jpeg

Yup, I was surprised that your air cutoff might have two hoses connecting to it, I have never seen a 450 like that here in the USA. Anyway, unplug the vacuum hose from the valve and plug it temporarily while you adjust the pilot screw on a warm motor, to learn whether the diagphragm in that valve might be leaking vacuum or not?