Fishfiles

Happy Easter

I looked and surprised I didn't see a Happy Easter thread , so to all the people who celebrate it have a Happy Easter 

we got an Easter egg hunt planned for the kids , along with candy , got some plastic eggs with cash in them , wife was filling them last night and hit me up for some bills , she's got 10 - $1 eggs , 2 - $5 eggs , 2 - $10 eggs and one $20 egg , I might have to play with them , LOL 

• Like 3

Happy Easter, have fun with your families folks!

• Like 2

Happy Easter, and making it past Apr. 1st., without to much difficulty. 😀

• Like 2

Yep happy Easter all, we had a meaningful Good Friday service today....

• Like 4

a belated one back at ya guys....busy busy weekend at my end.  my twin 8yr old grandaughters birthday was Good Friday..and they wanted to come to my place for a "campout/sleepover" ...so that meant setting up the big tent over beyond the playground area..which is about 75yds off to the side of the house and right over at the tree line...so they feel like they are "out in the woods"...setup a nice firpiet, tables for food, portable grill for burgers/dogs, etc..chairs all around the fire...it got chilly so I didn't expect the kids to want to stay out long...they made it to about 9:30 after marshmellows over the fire etc  and then they grabbed up their sleeping bags and headed into my den for sleepover, movies on the wall...the last of the 8 cousins finally crashed around 2:30am.

Saturday was regroup, cleanup, attend a soninlaw's birthday at a park...and then prep for Easter back here...fresh mow of the acre around the house that the egg hunt would be..and with several of the grandkis now at the teenage border, we also do a treasure hunt with clues, etc that ultimately ends with them finding the pair of metal detectors and clues as to where to search for the buried treasure chest.. it's a small chest so my shoveling wasn't that bad. (grin)

and..double duty, cause we celebrated my wife's birthday yesterday (date is actually today), but with all my gang here, we made it all one big party...that meant I was on duty with the grill..all 5 burners..doing chicken, burgers, dogs, etc..oh and I make the best german chocolate birthday cake...so, yeah, by the time I kicked everyone out it was about 8 last night...dishes, cleanup..found my pillow early at about 11.

happy Easter holiday!!..oh and yes, church..didn't play this week though as too much going on...my son plays drums, and my other soninlaw plays bass at a different church...so some of us did out part...the rest enjoyed their pretty clothes and we did the family portrait stuff...after a year of govt control leveraging covid fear, it was nice to just be normal.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

a belated one back at ya guys....busy busy weekend at my end.  my twin 8yr old grandaughters birthday was Good Friday..and they wanted to come to my place for a "campout/sleepover" ...so that meant setting up the big tent over beyond the playground area..which is about 75yds off to the side of the house and right over at the tree line...so they feel like they are "out in the woods"...setup a nice firpiet, tables for food, portable grill for burgers/dogs, etc..chairs all around the fire...it got chilly so I didn't expect the kids to want to stay out long...they made it to about 9:30 after marshmellows over the fire etc  and then they grabbed up their sleeping bags and headed into my den for sleepover, movies on the wall...the last of the 8 cousins finally crashed around 2:30am.

Saturday was regroup, cleanup, attend a soninlaw's birthday at a park...and then prep for Easter back here...fresh mow of the acre around the house that the egg hunt would be..and with several of the grandkis now at the teenage border, we also do a treasure hunt with clues, etc that ultimately ends with them finding the pair of metal detectors and clues as to where to search for the buried treasure chest.. it's a small chest so my shoveling wasn't that bad. (grin)

and..double duty, cause we celebrated my wife's birthday yesterday (date is actually today), but with all my gang here, we made it all one big party...that meant I was on duty with the grill..all 5 burners..doing chicken, burgers, dogs, etc..oh and I make the best german chocolate birthday cake...so, yeah, by the time I kicked everyone out it was about 8 last night...dishes, cleanup..found my pillow early at about 11.

happy Easter holiday!!..oh and yes, church..didn't play this week though as too much going on...my son plays drums, and my other soninlaw plays bass at a different church...so some of us did out part...the rest enjoyed their pretty clothes and we did the family portrait stuff...after a year of govt control leveraging covid fear, it was nice to just be normal.

My granddaughter will also be 8 this year , she has the same birthday as me , she came over yesterday and don't go home till next Saturday ---- we did an Easter egg hunt will some special eggs with money in them  well it was such a hit , it was requested we do it 5 times total 

• Haha 3