Je4ester

2010 MUV700 smokes when I give it gas.

I bought a used 2010 MUV-700 that was not running when I bought it. The spark plug was broken and the gas was bad. I replaced the gas, coil and plug and it runs fine but smokes when I give it gas. Once it warms up it smokes less but I want to do a top end job on it . My question is can this be done with the engine still in frame?

Yes, the top end can rebuilt (even removing the front cover if the cam chain needs replaced) while the motor is in the frame. The factory snorkel/air intake was under the passenger seat on these so they was bad for getting dust into the system unless the air filter was properly maintained. If it hasn't been done, snorkel it.

Thank you, I have watched a few YouTube videos but they have completely pulled the motor. I don’t want to go that far.

Once you get the jug off and the front cover off(if you go that far) pulling the motor at least on my 450 was about 45 min of work. I prefered it over standing on my head to do the timing on mine(among other things that that lead to.

3 hours ago, 87Iroc said:

Once you get the jug off and the front cover off(if you go that far) pulling the motor at least on my 450 was about 45 min of work. I prefered it over standing on my head to do the timing on mine(among other things that that lead to.

The MUV is the BigRed side by side. If I don't have to pull a motor, I don't. They suck that bad. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't see a manual for it it the gdrive. Anyone have one to upload?

11 hours ago, Tim-ANC said:

I don't see a manual for it it the gdrive. Anyone have one to upload?

I haven't seen one online but the 680 Rincon will have everything you need for the motor work.

• Like 2