Fishfiles

Spark Plug Color Chart

there are a few questions i'd like to ask; 1st. is, what does the plug in the picture tell ya? 2nd testing plugs, i dont get continuity, but the meter does reads ohm's, 8.9K.. the third is; why do i need resister type plugs? i might like to annoy some people!!!  lets face it, analog TV sux, an i dont listen to AM or FM, sirrus, or whatever . pre-programmed music some body else has decided ya like.

the ceramic is a bit tan. other then coulor the plug looks unused.

DSCN2764.JPG

A better pic of the tip of the plug might help ----------   looks black and sooty in that pic 

56 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

A better pic of the tip of the plug might help ----------   looks black and sooty in that pic 

Yeah, ☝️

Most of the plugs pulled from new cars are going to be in the lower 20's  I changed plugs in my '11 Element with 110K miles and they looked like #21.  Now the old Kohler is the Wheelhorse always looks dirtier.   Old ignition system can't perform like the newer lightning bolt voltage systems in today's cars.

I wanna see some of the plugs Fish pulls out of the heavy equipment he works on😉

Don't look too bad.  Looks like it was pulled after idling cold.   Should be a little drier if you came back from a good romp.

the 2nd plugs were from the 200es450. i cant remember where i used the 1st plug.

if the threads were just a hair of, could the firing stroke make the threads black?

that digital camera lies to me all the time. it looks like blueing on the 1st picture. 😀

Edited by LedFTed

9 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

I wanna see some of the plugs Fish pulls out of the heavy equipment he works on😉

In the old days I seen a lot of spark plugs , just about everything I touch is diesel now days 

Today I strayed off dirt equipment and worked on  a Kubota mini tractor , fuel issue I'd say , how can the fuel tank gets so bad in 134 hours , poor  fuel storage  hygiene I'd guess  , LOL 

Had to drop the deck to get to the primary filter and the bottom of the tank to flush it out , he is lucky he never trashed his injector pump , was able to flush it out an get it running on a jug of fuel , says he lent it to his brother in law , after he gets the bill , bet he don't lend it out no more ----- all filter and oil change , new blades , 2 new wheels on the deck and a kill solenoid , going to be about $1,000 parts and labor 

sGFoZzH3SYmWCkG3dHXEFQ.jpg

YarqInWnRDuwRkPUIRPrFg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Wow, That is a lot of crap in the fuel for 134 hrs.of use!!!

29 minutes ago, THH said:

Wow, That is a lot of crap in the fuel for 134 hrs.of use!!!

Isn't it though ----- it has a plastic tank , I would guess  , what ever it is ,  it was introduced into the tank , looks like dirt , but could be the inside the tank deteriorating , it is gritty like sand , I should stick the inspection cam in it ---- I sent a pic to the owner and he has not a clue and blaming it on his brother in law 

If it were mine , I'd hang a Racor filter where it is easily accessible 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LedFTed said:

the 2nd plugs were from the 200es450. i cant remember where i used the 1st plug.

if the threads were just a hair of, could the firing stroke make the threads black?

that digital camera lies to me all the time. it looks like blueing on the 1st picture. 😀

2000es450., i left out a zero.,

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

In the old days I seen a lot of spark plugs , just about everything I touch is diesel now days 

Today I strayed off dirt equipment and worked on  a Kubota mini tractor , fuel issue I'd say , how can the fuel tank gets so bad in 134 hours , poor  fuel storage  hygiene I'd guess  , LOL 

Had to drop the deck to get to the primary filter and the bottom of the tank to flush it out , he is lucky he never trashed his injector pump , was able to flush it out an get it running on a jug of fuel , says he lent it to his brother in law , after he gets the bill , bet he don't lend it out no more ----- all filter and oil change , new blades , 2 new wheels on the deck and a kill solenoid , going to be about $1,000 parts and labor 

looks like oil got mixed in the gas filter?

Looked at the chart and can’t determine where I fall. History, plug was pulled out right after the bike was started with choke to pull off the trailer and into the garage ~15feet. 1hour prior to all that I was out riding for a good 2hours+.

Still a bit rich? This is 2 turns out on pilot screw. 

0892E07E-D96B-4D39-9888-9F67D6BDFD6C.jpeg

F97EA60E-A4BA-4EE8-9306-72E419014B3B.jpeg

In my opinion the dampness around the perimeter is normal after what you just described.  The rest looks good as long as you don't have any symptoms of lean burn.

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

In my opinion the dampness around the perimeter is normal after what you just described.  The rest looks good as long as you don't have any symptoms of lean burn.

What is lean burn?

Revive an old thread 2-1/4 out. How’s it look?

8AAAFE88-4BEC-48E9-8F9B-32809E504DE4.jpeg
BC1F1FA7-8DE3-4A91-A262-941FB8A2F594.jpeg

E117F923-7A5D-4F99-86D0-BF937C452238.jpeg

896F1748-B9A1-4563-BC28-AD4FC20275D8.jpeg

601AD0E7-98E4-4062-94CC-6961D3C4CEC0.jpeg

Edited by freebo86

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks good to me , how's it running 

Like an absolute beast. Pulls and fires, perfectly. On a cold start, while it’s running under the enrichment valve it sounds a bit odd. Not sure if I should set my idle adjustment up a bit. But once it warms it just sounds wicked. 

Was out tonight, did a 25mile trip. 

EC904375-DB97-41C7-BAB0-13837E67D12F.jpeg

DD90C150-03D8-4588-A2F2-5BE3F94CDA3D.jpeg

• Like 1

Correction onthe above that’s 1-3/4 turns out. Not 2-1/4..

Edited by freebo86

On April 12, 2021 at 4:58 PM, Fishfiles said:

wow, I've seen some old equipment fuel filters look bad but that one takes the cake, we always had a fuel filter water separator combo on our field fuel supply tank, and twin filters on every diesel one sediment bowl, and one main sock, plus a screen pickip in the tank, but we went so much fuel, it never got a chance to age, i could explain that one, less it was done on purpose, or introduced as you stated, now some here back years ago, used get the fuel (diesel) sugared, i have no idea why someone would do that, but the filters stopped it, thank goodness we never had that happen.